Still bugged by HtmlViewGo

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Still bugged by HtmlViewGo

SuperDan(Posted 2003) [#1]
Global WIN,gw,gh,id,WEBWIN
gw = ClientWidth(Desktop())  :  gh = ClientHeight(Desktop()) 
WIN = CreateWindow("Brochure",0,0,gw,gh,0,1)
WEBWIN=CreateHtmlView(0,0,gw,gh,WIN) 
HtmlViewGo WEBWIN,"C:\diskstuff2\mainpage.htm" 

Repeat
	id = WaitEvent()
	VWait
Until id=$803

FreeGadget WEBWIN
FreeGadget WIN
End

This still doesn't work on my PC at work or on several other PC's at work.(some work). All paths are fine but crashes after CreateHtml command and before HtmlViewGo command. It just exits. If the path is incorrect or the file doesn't exist then Blitz+ tells you with an error box.

Is there another way to view a web page in a window from blitz? I would like to show it without any of the buttons or other Windows stuff at the top.
The reason behind this is that I have made a Web page in Microsoft FrontPage and would like to launch it just from a bootable CD-ROM. There is no need for any buttons/menus/etc as I have incorporated Back/Forward buttons in the Web page itself.
Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received as I am now getting very frustrated and may be forced to re-run the program over and over again, even though I know it doesn't work, then, go red, swear, bang my fist on the table, get up, stomp around, swear, sit down then repeat the process over until 5'oclock.

Home: Blitz+ 1.11 (cos of commandline bug in my screensaver), WinXP Pro, Athlon 1900GHz, 768mb, Geforce3,DX9
Work: Blitz+ 1.11, WinXP Pro, MS FrontPage, Pentium4 2.4GHz, 512mb, On-board Graphics, DX9

SuperDan(Posted 2003) [#2]
Found something, if my Web Page contains any sort of button it crashes. If it contains none-linked gifs(or bmps or jpgs) just for pictures then it's fine but if the gifs(or bmps or jpgs) are used as hover buttons (buttons that have two graphics, one for normal one for mouse over) and have a hyperlink in them, then the program crashes. Normal hyperlinks work OK though.
Hmmm. Is this a blitz problem, who knows? The Web page opens fine on it's own.

okee(Posted 2003) [#3]
Update Blitz+ to ver 1.34. I am doing something similar and it works fine with rollover images etc