Can't seem to read commandline$ from a .scr

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Can't seem to read commandline$ from a .scr

SuperDan(Posted 2003) [#1]
I am trying to make a screen saver work in WindowsXP.
Right at the start of my program I have the line

c$=CommandLine()
Print c$
delay 100....
....rest of program here

If I set a command line parameter from inside Blitz+ then it prints the result. If I run it as a .scr from the WindowsXP Display Properties dialogue then there are no parameters printed. I thought that windows was supposed to pass a command line parameter to the .scr depending on the button pressed in the screen saver dialogue box. ie, Settings, Options, Password. I may have got the wrong end of the stick but I have looked around and found a few articles on this subject and this is all I have come up with.

This probably isn't a Blitz specific problem but if anyone has any experience in this area I would be happy to hear from you... taa.

------------------------------------------------------
"A man who works for nothing will get a job anywhere."

Nigel Brown(Posted 2003) [#2]
It's broken! Thats if you are running version 1.34 look in the Blitz+ bugs section.

SuperDan(Posted 2003) [#3]
AAAARRRRGH!
Cheers NB.
Can I go back to version 1.11 to make it work or is there a fix due out soon?

I have just spent all weekend pulling my hair out trying to sort this out for a project at work. Oh well, I learned a lot of other bits and bobs from messing around anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------
"Hitting your funnybone is funny to others, not to you"

cyberseth(Posted 2003) [#4]
Since it's a bug, it's destined a fix. For the moment though, if you do not need 1.34's extras for you screensaver, I'd suggest you revert back to 1.11 until you finish your screensaver.