Blitzplus 1.34

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Blitzplus 1.34

JWW(Posted 2003) [#1]
Since updating to 1.34 I am having the following problems

1: All programs complied with 1.34 run slower
2: The programs crash after opening & closing any program window more than six times. [ No error message in debug mode ]

All programs work ok when using 1.11

1600 XP [1394 Mhz] ATI Rage Fury 128 Pro 32 MB - 512MB DDR

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2003) [#2]
When reporting bugs, it's always a lot more likely to be addressed if you can provide an example that reproduces the problem with the fewest lines of code. This makes it much easier for other people to reproduce and confirm your bug, and also for Mark to fix it. (This obviously only really applies to point 2, although if you could pin down a particular command that is much slower that would help).

I've tried recreating the above, and created the following code. Is it anything like what you meant? If so, it works fine for me on my pc...

win=CreateWindow("test",0,0,100,100,0)
b = CreateButton("open win2",0,0,50,20,win)

Repeat
	id = WaitEvent()
	Select id
		Case $803
			If EventSource() = win Then Exit
			If EventSource() = win2 Then FreeGadget win2
		Case $401
			If EventSource()=b Then
				win2=CreateWindow("win2",100,100,100,100,0)
			EndIf
	End Select
Forever

End

marksibly(Posted 2003) [#3]
No crash here...

For k=1 To 100

FreeGadget CreateWindow( "Window!",0,0,640,480 )

Next

Snarty(Posted 2003) [#4]

2: The programs crash after opening & closing any program window more than six times. [ No error message in debug mode ]

Hiya, any chance you could mail me the offending code, as I have a window which behaves like this, but I believe the factor causing the problem is not an obvious one, maybe if I can see a link between my code, and yours I can find the culprit far more quickly.

FredSteph(Posted 2003) [#5]
My program complied with 1.34 run slower. Image and text scrolling are gerky with v1.34 and not gerky with v1.11 !?

Frédéric

Orca(Posted 2003) [#6]
Hate to point out the obvious.....but shouldn't this be in the bug reports section?

Hotcakes(Posted 2003) [#7]
Some people like to get a 'general opinion' before going to the bug report forums to make sure they're not just doing something wrong. Does sound like a genuine bug atm tho.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2003) [#8]
Without a specific example, it's damn hard to recreate this, let alon pin it down. Please see this FAQ entry : How should I report a bug in Blitz?