2d platformer prob

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/2d platformer prob

Chrisbris(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hello all.... newbie coder here looking for some advice...

I am trying to write a 2d platform game in the guise of the old fav
manic miner, purely for pleasure and I do like a good puzzle, and trying to write code is proving to be quite puzzling ...

ive got the guy moving about and jumping ,landing on different platforms, collecting items and dying when falling to far or hitting baddies... all good, But .....

when I come to the edge of any platform and moving my character frame by frame to the right he falls off the edge a good few pixels before he should and I cant for the life of me figure out how this is happening.....
4 frames of animation for left movement.... 4 frames for the right movement. automidhandle true or not doesn't matter....

the screen maps are laid out in an array, x and y pos' of char used to detect what he is stood on, but his position on moving right at the edge of a platform just goes to pot and I cant seem to figure out what im doing wrong.... Its got to be my maths , or there has to be a more efficient way, or to be a more accurate way in determining the position of the char with regards to what he is standing on

any ideas would be much appreciated

Chris.

Dan(Posted 2016) [#2]
please stick on 1 thread only. here is your first Post .