PNG transparecy help needed

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/PNG transparecy help needed

shortguy04(Posted 2012) [#1]
I'm fairly new to Blitz. Does any version fully support PNG alpha/transparency? If so, can someone point me to a tutorial or reference, please? I can set an opacity mask, but the edges of the image still look rough in the graphics window.

Matty(Posted 2012) [#2]
Blitzplus is pure 2d, with no hardware acceleration and the 2d drawing commands are without alpha transparency. You can set a mask colour which makes some pixels either fully opaque or fully transparent but there is no alpha blending as such in blitzplus.

However - you can use the write and readpixel fast commands (check the code archives for alpha blending in blitzplus) to add this functionality but it is not as fast as hardware accelerated alpha blending.

mv333(Posted 2012) [#3]
The "Extended B2D dll" will let you do real time alpha blending.

D4NM4N(Posted 2012) [#4]
MAX and monkey do alpha images too.
B3D on the other hand can only support masking with the image system. However it does support alpha textures when you add the appropriate texture flag to it. So for 2D alpha in b3d you need to use "sprites" or make your own quads instead.

Edit: sorry just read this is BlizPlus forum, still the info is still good to know.

Last edited 2012