Thankyou for Blitz-Plus!

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/Thankyou for Blitz-Plus!

OldHat(Posted 2012) [#1]
I'd just like to say a Huge THANKYOU to Mark and Crew for making Blitz-Plus available for a limited time to the wider programming community!

Long Gone are the days of programming the CBM-Amiga machines with the best programming language out there - Blitz Basic, which was, as we all know, a Machine-Code Masterpiece!!!

So its an absolute Bonanza to be able to participate in the new Blitz Areana thanks to this limited offer!

Perhaps the point is that Blitz for the IBM has the potential to be more efficient than Direct-X, and better than DOS-4GW for stand-alone masterworks.... pointers included! hehe.

Thankyou Indeed!

;-}

Addi(Posted 2012) [#2]
Blitz Research Ltd:
We love you (4 ever) <3

marroh(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks also from me, nice to have BlitzBasic back on my machine and this for free. :))

Thank you Mark and BlitzBasic Crew!

Greetings
Martin

Rick Nasher(Posted 2012) [#4]
Same here.

I've been playing with trial versions of Blitz+ and Blitz3d for quite some time now and fell in love w it. The only thing stopping me from buying is my budget and the fact that I actually yet haven't produced anything worthwhile the(for me at least) high pricetag. Would be purchasing Blitz3d/Max if had DX11/OpenGL engine as good as the DX7 for that would really speed up development, but have to see if even possible to produce something that meets my demands* w DX7.

*)3rd person free roaming world w large, destructable(blitz) terrain, day/nite cycles, weather changes, shadows, water, animated characters w bones, destructability & physics, flora/fauna. (pls don't say nogo at rightaway. :-) Using Fastext for water/shadow/post fx and physx for well, physics(but mayb easytok is faster?). Anybody wanna team up? Having trouble(ofcourse) w keeping it fastpaced w my limited programming skills.
(http://wastedspaceportal.com/ScrnShots/ScreenShots.htm)

Many, many thanks Mark & Blitzteam for giving this to the community!
Now time to do same for Blitz3d? Or produce what we all really, really want.(no, not a spicegirl fan)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2012) [#5]
Correction on Blitz3d pricetag above: It's actually not really that expensive(just checked), but not sure if will be suiting my needs still and every penny counts (I'm hungry) ;-)

Besides all that: I'm pretty sure that if Blitz3d would get the same "Temporary Free" treatment, activity on this site would skyrocket!

Grtz,
Rick

Khaz(Posted 2012) [#6]
I heard about this through reddit which led me to find Monkey.
O:
Must get.

dna(Posted 2012) [#7]
Yes Indeed.

Thanks for letting us have Blitz Plus.