anti cookie web browser

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/anti cookie web browser

Nike(Posted 2009) [#1]
I need help making a web browser that dosent save cookies. If you make a simple web browser and you go to a website, it saves the cookie in Internet Explorer. How would i get the cookie not to go in Internet Explorer? Thanks for any help.

schilcote(Posted 2009) [#2]
Well... You would have to write a web browser from scratch. Not a small feat. Otherwise you could turn off cookies in IE.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#3]
IE has the ability to never accept cookies, but there will be quite a few sites that don't work properly because they depend on cookies to store necessary variables / login info while you are navigating the site.

You can also tell IE to only use 'session' cookies, which means that it will accept them but automatically delete them once you leave the site.

Nike(Posted 2009) [#4]
Ok I'll find one I made or you can just download one I made from www.theadventurescape.com and them click on games them web broswer. I don't know how it works on mac or Linux but it has a small size error in vista. Thanks

Nike(Posted 2009) [#5]
Found it!
Remember, it only works in blitzplus!

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;A nike0102 product;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

web$=(TextFieldText$)
internet=CreateWindow("Nikesoft Web Browser",100,100,500,500,0,35)
txtbox=CreateTextField(0,0,325,20,internet) ;create textfield in that window
SetGadgetText txtbox,"Enter website in here" ;set text in that textfield for info
go=CreateButton("Go",200,0,80,19,internet) ;create button
html = CreateHtmlView(0,20,500,500,internet) 
SetGadgetLayout html,1,1,1,1
Repeat
id = WaitEvent()
If id=$803 Then Exit
If id=$401 And EventSource()=go Then ; when ok is pressed
HtmlViewGo html,"" + TextFieldText$(txtbox) + "" 
EndIf 
Forever
End 

Snarkbait(Posted 2009) [#6]
*sigh*

Ginger Tea(Posted 2009) [#7]
wasnt thre a mostly working web browser in the b+ demo's

having said that youd have to know how cookie delivery work's to prevent them from sending them to "temp internet folder"

i remember back in the day, people, elected to run something they didnt understand, had no idea what a cookie was or why, but were advised that they were a bad thing for the internet to be having
so alot of luddites who were foolishly allowed on the internet turned them off and complained that they couldnt access hotmail or yahoo mail, or any website that genuinly needed a cookie installed

sure some cookies are a bit iffy but they mostly come from dubious websites, dont want a dubious cookie dont go looking for pr0n and warze
if you do disable cookies altogether i think youd be stuffed posting here and any website that requires log in
as stated session cookies are deleted when you close internet explorer

from wikipedia

HTTP cookies, more commonly referred to as Web cookies, tracking cookies or just cookies, are parcels of text sent by a server to a Web client (usually a browser) and then sent back unchanged by client each time it accesses that server. HTTP cookies are used for authenticating, session tracking (state maintenance), and maintaining specific information about users, such as site preferences or the contents of their electronic shopping carts. The term "cookie" is derived from "magic cookie," a well-known concept in UNIX computing which inspired both the idea and the name of HTTP cookies. Some alternatives to cookies exist, but each has its own uses, advantages, and drawbacks.

Cookies are also subject to a number of misconceptions, mostly based on the erroneous notion that they are computer programs that run on the browsing computer. In fact, cookies are simple pieces of data that affect the operation of a web server, not the client, and do so in very specific ways. In particular, they are neither spyware nor viruses, although cookies from certain sites are described as spyware by many anti-spyware products because they allow users to be tracked when they visit various sites.

Most modern browsers allow users to decide whether to accept cookies, but rejection makes some websites unusable. For example, shopping carts implemented using cookies do not work if cookies are rejected.