Question for existing users

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/Question for existing users

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#1]
I am considering buying BlitzPlus. Could somebody who is having the Vista problems mentioned in this thread:

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=68674

Please check and see if the problem happens when using the Native Graphics driver and when using the OpenGL driver?

Also, does this happen when images are loaded into system ram or vram or both?

Thanks.

Ked(Posted 2008) [#2]
Why are you going with BlitzPlus? IMO, you would probably save money if you bought the MaxGUI module and BlitzMax (if you don't already have it.) This way, when you realize that BlitzPlus isn't very "complete", you won't have to spend more money on the MaxGUI module and BlitzMax (if you don't already have it.)

Note: There's a possibility that what I posted above doesn't make since. :P Hopefully, you know what I mean.

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#3]
Why are you going with BlitzPlus?
Because BMax and MaxGUI are not meeting my needs and it would be cheaper to buy B+ than spend the time writing my own software rendering routines for BMax.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#4]
Can you elaborate?

Blitzmax has support for DirectX7, OpenGL, and DStasny's DX9 module is on the way, plus there's Brucey's wxMax module if you don't think MaxGUI cuts it, plus scores of other modules.

How does Blitzplus better that?

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#5]
How does Blitzplus better that?
The native graphis driver. But I need to know if it (native graphics driver) has the same Vista problem as mentioned in the link above?

Ked(Posted 2008) [#6]
Native graphics driver? I thought the driver for BlitzPlus was DirectX?

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#7]
B+ supports DX (DirectDraw), the native driver (software rendered) and OpenGL. I can't test this myself as I don't own Vista.

andy_mc(Posted 2008) [#8]
I'm running Blitzplus demo on vista, I'm not having any problems at all.

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#9]
I ran B+ in Vista when I had vista, no problems at all.

schilcote(Posted 2008) [#10]
Same here. But I don't use the GUI or graphics functions. Maybe I should learn to use the GUI...

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#11]
Thanks, guys.