Client Width\Height

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/Client Width\Height

covi2955(Posted 2008) [#1]
Ok, I've got a game that I'm making that is going to be set in a windowed graphics buffer. I need to create a window at the location of the character, but I can't attach the gadget to the graphics buffer. So it's clienthight and clientwidth are set to the desktop and it offsets the window.

Is there anyway to set a gadget to the graphics buffer, or am I out of luck. One thought that I had was that I could drop the graphics buffer and do the whole thing on a canvas, but that's going to be a lot of work this far in.

-=Darkheart=-(Posted 2008) [#2]
I'm not sure what you mean when you say you want to attach a gadget to the buffer, why do you want to do that and what will the gadget do?

Blitz generally handles the graphics buffer for you pretty effectivley. Have you looked at the Backbuffer(), SetBuffer and Flip commands?

Darkheart

covi2955(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thank's for the reply.

When you set up the graphics command (eg. Graphics 640,480,0,0) it creates the standard, black graphics area (don't really know what it's official name is).

You access it with frontbuffer() and backbuffer(), and I was trying to set the x,y coordinates of a panel gadget to it(rather than the desktop). After some work, I was able to go back and replace the graphics window with a window gadget of and canvas of equal size. Then I just made my panel a "child gadget" of the canvas.

If that makes sense, that's what I was trying to do to the graphics area.

Thanks again for the reply.