Which blitz product is the right language for me?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/Which blitz product is the right language for me?

DCI(Posted 2007) [#1]
I bought ALL of the main blitz programs, blitz3d, blitzplus and blitzmax.. Im trying to learn to program.. but.. i dont know which of these i should begin my adventure in.. 14 years ago, i was a pro with Basica, but, its been a while :) WHat are the pros and cons, of each of the 3 products? which one should i begin learning, and taking to heart? I've been told there are gigantic differences in the programs.. please.. which would be the right one for me, and why?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#2]
Arrrghh! Please don't post the same thing across multiple forums. This could all have gone in General discussion.

To answer your question, I would recommend B+ or B3D. From a language perspective, they are identical, unless you start using the 3D commands in B3D, which I guess you will not aim to do as a beginner. Max is the future, and most of what you learn with B+ or B3D is transferable, its just that the documentation and extra concepts in Max can be daunting to begin with.