SciLexer.DLL DECLS?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/SciLexer.DLL DECLS?

Ked(Posted 2007) [#1]
Does anyone have the DECLS for the Scintilla Syntax Highlighting? Or does anyone have any information on how I could find them or what functions to use in the DLL?

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#2]
Download scintilla and look into scintilla.h. There you will find all scintilla commands and constants with their values.
If you are going to use scilexer.dll then you don't need .DECLS file for that DLL. Instead, you'll need some kind of constants definition file, because all communication with Scintilla is done through messages, i.e. one function that you use to send command and parameter values. You won't find any scintilla functions exposed in SciLexer.dll .
However, based on those Constants, you can create your own functions, and based on that, library with Scintilla functions and .Decls file for that library.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks!

Ked(Posted 2007) [#4]
By the way, do you have a quick example? Sorry, I'm not used to this kind of coding.

Trixx(Posted 2007) [#5]
No, I don't have an example for B+ . If VB example is of any help, you can find a fully working VB example in "Scintilla releated" on the Scintilla website.
For Blitz, you will need .DECLS file for the SendMessage function ( look for USER32.decls somewhere in the code archives here ).
After that, just use SendMessage SciHwnd, Command, Parameter1, Parameter2