Undocumented commands

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/Undocumented commands

Vic 3 Babes(Posted 2007) [#1]
Having just upgraded to BlitzPlus, I've discovered a few commands in the Versions.txt that comes with Blitz, but that aren't mentioned in the Help. I've got some of them of this site, but there are a couple that I can't find.

I wondered if anyone knew anything about them.

GadgetText

QueryObject

TextAreaText - what format is text returned in? - the two links for this command on this site seem to be broken.

FontDescend - doesn't exist - probably won't use it - but is mentioned in the versions text that comes with Blitz - probably meant to be the opposite of FontAscend - but isn't highlighted as a command in the IDE.

Thanks

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#2]
GadgetText: to get the text associated with a gadget, like a label gadget

TextAreaText to retrieve the contents of a textarea gadget

both return strings

Vic 3 Babes(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks, I should have experimented with TextAreaText - I guess that means it only returns the last text after a chr$(13) Chr$(10) - and not the entire text.

Beaker(Posted 2007) [#4]
Should be all the text AFAIR.

QueryObject is to get the hwnd etc of a gadget:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/bpdocs/command.php?name=queryobject&ref=goto

Beaker(Posted 2007) [#5]
There is Object/Handle as well for creating generic handles to type objects, and retrieving the object again from the handle.

CS_TBL(Posted 2007) [#6]
The problem with the manual is however that it lacks to explain what a hwnd is, what it is used for, examples etc. All it does now is explain its name and syntax, but as nothing else is explained I figure it equals the magical CreateGame() function.

Vic 3 Babes(Posted 2007) [#7]
Thanks - I only get to read this site every 2-3 days which is why I'm a bit behind.

I've used hwnd in another piece of code I dowloaded to put an icon in the prog window - but don't really know what it is.

kfprimm(Posted 2007) [#8]
You ought to update your doc pak for starters

Vic 3 Babes(Posted 2007) [#9]
I'm not sure what you mean - I downloaded v1.44 of the exe - where do I find an updated doc pak?

Thanks

Réno(Posted 2007) [#10]
there are not for BP :((((((