.MAP ? Can this work

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/.MAP ? Can this work

T David(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi guys, I have been using blitzplus for about a year now, and I ran across a program that makes maps for your games. Every other program I run into these days are for 3D not 2D. My question is, when I need to load my background for the game does it just have to be a .BMP format? Or can I run others too? The program I have makes it in .MAP format, and hope their is a way to make this work with blitzplus. Thanks

Matty(Posted 2006) [#2]
Images that Blitzplus loads are BMP, JPG, PNG. If you want it to load other formats you will need to write your own routine to read the file header/data for example a Tif or TGA image file (probably one in the code archives but not too difficult to do if you have the specs of those file formats). I have never heard of a .MAP image format.

Edit - however if you know how the .MAP file is structured you could write your own load routine for it.

T David(Posted 2006) [#3]
ok, so your saying pretty much this 'program' is useless with blitzplus? I also have the mappy for blitz, but can I use it for 2D? or is just for 3D? I have been manually drawing on microsoft paint and its starting to wear on me thin. The graphics are horible doing it that way. Cool