Text on an image?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/Text on an image?

Dennis(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi everyone. Been a while since I programmed anything in Blitz, but got an idea for a typing tutor game, and I'm having trouble coming up with a solution to a problem. Basically what I want is to have missiles launching with words printed on the side of them. You have to type the word printed on the side of the missile to destroy it before it hits your city. The missile will launch from the bottom left hand corner of the screen, arc upward and then back downward to the bottom right hand corner of the screen (where your city is). The animation itself is not a problem, but I'm trying to figure out how to draw the text on the side of the missile. Having an individual image for each word isn't really an option since each missile will have a random word on the side of it, and there will be about three thousand words in the database. If the missile travelled in a completely straight line from side to side it would be easy enough, I suppose, but because the missile arcs up and then back down I can't see a solution. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
Dennis

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#2]
individual image for each letter. Draw on missile once. Rotate the image accordingly at each stage.

Mordax_Praetorian(Posted 2006) [#3]
Construct your "Missile+Text" Image in Blitz before firing

Draw the missile on the back buffer, write the text on, then use GrabImage to get the missile+text as a single image