Disabling windows

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/Disabling windows

BlackD(Posted 2006) [#1]
Having written almost no B+ apps, I've run into a problem with a simple about box.

Is there any way to disable a window when another opens?

When I click my help.about, I've got my about window opening, which is great. However, I can simply click back to the main window and do stuff.

I realise, I can simply disable everything in the main window manually, but I'm trying more for a reaction as in the BlitzPlus IDE itself - where the main B+ IDE is disabled when the ABOUT window is open. You can't even select it.

I thought making the ABOUT window a member of the main window group would do it (as a parent/child relation) but it doesn't. There's something really obvious I'm missing but can't track it down in help.

Can anyone tell me? :)

+BlackD

CS_TBL(Posted 2006) [#2]
tried DisableGadget <mygadget> ?

Grey Alien(Posted 2006) [#3]
hmm, in delphi it's called showing a window Modally, you basically say Window.ShowModal, this means it's on top and nothing else can be clicked. Maybe you could search for an api thing like this if CS_TBL's hint doesn't work. Showmodal is the proper way to do it anyway.

BlackD(Posted 2006) [#4]
tried DisableGadget <mygadget> ?

You know, I *had* tried that and it error'd out, but revisited that now and it works fine. I think my main window wasn't global before. >_< I should update my sig from "3D" to "everything". Thanks :)

+BlackD

Andres(Posted 2006) [#5]
Cool, I was looking for a way to do something like DisableGadget window% does. Stupid me, why didn't i come on that before?! :S Thanks for posting!