False Start

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/False Start

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hey. It's me again. I fixed all of the old problems with my spaceship's movement, but now I have a new one.

When I turn my spaceship to frame 8 (out of 35... counting zero) it starts moving upwards, which is odd because I didn't press the up button to move it forwards. Another odd thing is that it moves up, instead of right, like it should. When I press the up button on frame 8, the ship moves slightly sideways, but chiefly upwards.

When I reach frame 27, the ship stops in place. Please help me with this.

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#2]
Well, I fixed the major problem - frame 8... but now frame 27 is still funky.

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#3]
Never mind... I keep fixing the problems too quickly ;)

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#4]
Whoo!!! Sorry. I know this is supposed to be a help forum, but you guys aren't helping much (no offense), which forces me to stop copying krylar's code and finally figure out how to do things more efficiently and less complicatedly which thus results in a noob like me actually learning to program, giving me self-confidence and experience!!!

I just fixed another problem and am extremely happy! Whoo! Thanks so much for the help, guys! (Or lack thereof, as the case may be...)

WolRon(Posted 2006) [#5]
Congratulations.

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#6]
Whoo!!! Sorry. I know this is supposed to be a help forum, but you guys aren't helping much (no offense),

No offense, but you're giving people absolutely zero information to work with -- we have no idea what images you're using, what your input routine looks like, how you're cycling through your frames, and how you update to screen, just to name some things.

'Problems' like this are absolutely impossible to help with unless you post some code that you are using, so people can see what it is you're trying to do, and possibly point out logic problems in your code.

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#7]
Ahh... I had the code on my last forum (sine/cosine) but I understand now.

Sorry.

(Thanks, xlsior)

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#8]
If you have your code posted elsewhere, you really should post a hyperlink to it, if nothing else.

Not many people would hire a detective to trace down the code you're talking about. ;-)

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#9]
Haha sorry.