Prob multiple apps

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/Prob multiple apps

Smai-Lee(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi all,
i came across a weird thing when using multiple apps and a Blitzplus app is running in the background. For example, compile the samples\Mak\simple_treeviex.bb in your BB+ sample folder and start the programm. Very easy code so no words about it here...
Now start your normal windows file explorer. After it opened, try to search any folder (rightklick and select 'Search...'). AVOID to hit your running BB+ window with the mouse cursor at this time...

Nothing happen , no search dialog window will open !!!

Now, if you hit the window with the BB+ app running inside with your mouse cursor, the search dialog will open magically. Same effect happen, when i select the Blitz app from the taskbar after i tried to open the search dialog.

Same thing happens, if i call the IE via :
ExecFile("rundll32 url.dll,FileProtocolHandler " + url$ )
Explorer will only open and load the page after i clicked the running BB+ app in the taskbar or hit the app window itself.

My question is, how can i avoid this behavior in this easy example? This effect makes Biltz+ nearly useless for me...

Sry if the answer is already in this forum, but i am new to to Blitz and a dumb german as well ;)

Thxs for all your help in advance :)

--- comin soon: crying about the treeview stuff ---

mudcat(Posted 2006) [#2]
Did you every find an answer?

Later,
mudcat

Smai-Lee(Posted 2006) [#3]
Hi mudcat,
*wondering that no one else got this bug*
up to now i have no idea... I tried several things as work around, like downgrade or generating events every 10 sec, but this is not a real solution and i am not a bughunter ;)
If i find a clean workaround, i'll post it here...

cee all