Confused again

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/Confused again

DarkMere(Posted 2005) [#1]
Help required for confused newbe

I just wrote my first freeware application in BlitzPlus and placed the Beta version on my website for a few people to test drive. Later I decided to add a program icon to the .exe. Thanks to the advice given by Snarty to someone else in a much earlier posting, I had no problems doing this with ResHacker (thanks Snarty).

I then thought it would be nice to have the whole application in a set up routine, and somewhere (it might have been here) I found a link to Inno Setup.

I had no problems in such using Inno and in a couple of minutes I had a nice setup program to install my application.

The setup program seems to work fine and installs my appliaction to Program Files, placing a link to the application in the start up menu.

Now if you have not all gone to sleep, I am getting to the problem :)

When I try to run the application by clicking onto the Start Menu link, the program starts but immediately stops with an error report (Invalid Stream Handle). Yet if I go into Program Files, then into the directory where the application is installed, then double click onto the application directly, everything works without a problem.

Sorry if I want on a bit too much!

Grateful for any help or pointers

Snarkbait(Posted 2005) [#2]
Open the Inno setup script. Go to the line under [Icons] that starts with "Name: {group}\your program" and add this at the end of the line:

; WorkingDir: "{app}"

you need to do this for the desktop icon too, if you have it create one.

DarkMere(Posted 2005) [#3]
Problem solved
In short, thanks SnarkBait