Image packages?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/Image packages?

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2005) [#1]
I want to pack my JPGs into a single file and load images from that file without making temp files. Possible?

I guess it could be done by storing the pixel data by hand as binary data, and then drawing the images back pixel by pixel. I fear this method is too slow and would bloat the files.

Any ideas?

Has anyone succesfully hacked DC handles for B+ image buffers? If so, one could use image libraries like FreeImage to do the trick.

CS_TBL(Posted 2005) [#2]
Perhaps cram all images in one huge image, and then after loading that single huge image manually grab all the individual images into seperate created images... no fun job.. I know.. you want incbin for B+ ..

Réno(Posted 2005) [#3]
Try "Blitz media linker"...

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2005) [#4]
I don't want to include the files into the executable.

Perhaps I just have to accept temp files.

Snarkbait(Posted 2005) [#5]
If you use a routine that makes temp files, simply run the proper freetempfiles function IMMEDIATELY after loading the media into handles. This narrows the window of opportunity for the end user to 'find' the files on their hard drive to a few seconds. If the scheme loads the files into the windows tempdir or somewhere similar, with innocuous file names, i.e. '~3847566.tmp', it's pretty hard for people to find them. The files can easily be deleted once they are loaded into blitz anyway.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#6]
Use Molebox:
http://www.molebox.com