Terrain Editors

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/Terrain Editors

coach(Posted 2005) [#1]
Someone told me there is a terrain editor command that would make a game like Zelda easier. Has anyone else heard of this command?

Rob Farley(Posted 2005) [#2]
By command I assume you mean application or package.

There's an application called Mappy that a few people have used, I've not used it.

If you find the first alien breed threads (in the showcase) you'll find a basic map editor there that allows you to do layers and such like.

Or... Just write your own, it takes about 20 minutes. 10 if you don't have to write a gui for it.

coach(Posted 2005) [#3]
What is a 'gui'? And how would I go about programing this(I'm a beginner)?

SebHoll(Posted 2005) [#4]
A GUI (pronounced Goooey) stands for Graphical User Interface and it is a program (or interface) that uses pictures and fields to acquire and present information. A GUI is any program like Microsoft Word that uses buttons and text fields to operate as oppose to the old MS-DOS days where programs were run from a command-line using purely text based commands. Windows is a GUI based OS platform and BlitzPlus+ allows you to take advantage of these features (like buttons, scroll bars etc.) in your programs. This is done using Gadgets. The command reference tells you a bit more about it. (I think) :P