About the Console Window

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/About the Console Window

SebHoll(Posted 2005) [#1]
I am confused as to what the console window is in Blitz Plus. It looks like "cmd.exe" and it can print data to the screen and request data using the "Input$()" command. But why can't you set the colour of the text in a console using the "Color #,#,#" command (correct me if I am wrong) and why can't it receive input like WaitKey(). Please help.

Thanks

Seb

Lattyware(Posted 2005) [#2]
The console is a dos prompt. It's simple output and input of text.

Thats it.

Cmd.exe is the command prompt, and you can do alot from ther... (Schools are so easy :P)

Floyd(Posted 2005) [#3]
In its current form ( the last time I checked ) the BlitzPlus console is fairly useless.

The main use for a console mode program would be to make various tools for use by other programs. These tools could then use standard I/O and redirection.

This means you could develop a program that writes output to the screen. If you run it from a command line with

myprog

the output would appear on-screen. But running the same program with

myprog >results.txt

would send the output to a file called results.txt.

But this functionality has not yet been added to BlitzPlus.

SebHoll(Posted 2005) [#4]
Does anybody know if BlitzMax uses consoles and if it does, whether or not you can output the text to a file like Floyd suggested? (Is BlitzMax just a highly updated version of Blitz3D). Will it support GUI components like Blitz+? Thanks