A out of place question

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/A out of place question

SpiritWnd(Posted 2004) [#1]
Since I own BlitzPlus but I can't post in the BlitzMax forum. Here it goes:

Not all the data types are listed. what is a tmap, timage, etc..

Can you explain how BlitzMax handles collisions a little better than your HTML.

No offense, I hope that your on-line docs for BlitzMax will be better than what you provided with the demo. they read like they were tossed together at the last minute. Many areas that it takes two or three reads to get the jest of what is being said. Many areas that are in serious need of a few examples as well. Especially the collision handling.

Thanks

DNielsen(Posted 2004) [#2]
@SpiritWnd
forget posting in this forum any longer. it seems completely dead!! it's SAD

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#3]
It's not dead, but it's slooowwwww, like molasses.

Many areas that are in serious need of a few examples as well.
Nothing new there about Blitz products.

BR lets its customer base write the docs/examples for them, but what can you expect from (basically) a one-man band.

I too, am pissed that I can't post in the BlitzMax forum (where the people in the know are) to find out if BM is right for me.

SpiritWnd(Posted 2004) [#4]
LOL....Yeah, it is beginning to look that way. Truly a shame, but let the excitement die down.

What do you want to know about BlitzMax. I am using the demo right now. After Christmas, I will pick up the release. I have 3 kids and a wife, I am not throwing down $80 right now.

Spirit

rdodson41(Posted 2004) [#5]
I just downloaded the BMX demo, and when i click the .exe it tells me that Blitzmax demo has expired. I just downloaded it and havent even tried it and it won't let me try. Can someone help me?

SpiritWnd(Posted 2004) [#6]
Check your clock...What are you running it on? Make sure that your time and date are correct. iBooks have a habit of sleeping the clock. (When they are in sleep mode).

Spirit

rdodson41(Posted 2004) [#7]
yep my date and time are all right.