free BlitzPlus compilation

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/free BlitzPlus compilation

blicek(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello

I downloaded the entire BlitzPlus source code and additional packages and can not cope with the compilation of his in Visual C++ 6, still I get some errors.

Very please help-step by step how to do it I would be able to carry out the compilation BlitzPlus.

Thank you in advance

Blicek

Raster Ron(Posted 2015) [#2]
Hi blicek,

Maybe you can try this VS 2010 version from Ploppy:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=103819

blicek(Posted 2015) [#3]
I have VS 2010 and the above, I have installed the visual studio 6 and as I wrote:

VERY PLEASE HELP in YOUR INSTALL BLITZPLUS open source in VISUAL C++ 6-step by step

and it's all

Blicek

blicek(Posted 2015) [#4]
sorry

I was wrong !!

I do not have VS 2010 and the above, I have installed the visual studio 6 and as I wrote:

VERY PLEASE HELP in YOUR INSTALL BLITZPLUS open source in VISUAL C++ 6-step by step

and it's all

Blicek

blicek(Posted 2015) [#5]
OK !

thanks for help

blicek

Floyd(Posted 2015) [#6]
Did you update Visual Studio? Amazingly, Microsoft still provides SP 6:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9183

I don't have VS 6.0 installed and have not tried compiling BlitzPlus/3D so this is all the advice I can offer. The README.txt on GitHub seems clear enough and ought to work.

blicek(Posted 2015) [#7]
OK

I am going to try

Thank you

Blicek

blicek(Posted 2015) [#8]
Hello

Well, unfortunately-I did update sp6 and doing everything step by step with the documentation are still pops up an error that:

Unable to build the construction of the BBLUNCH because the file and folder not found musici.h

and this all ends.

So I reiterate again for help

Blicek

Floyd(Posted 2015) [#9]
I got even less far, trying to install VS 6 on Windows 7 ( not XP ).

There are instructions on the internet claiming this is possible. I ran the various setup.exe programs as administrator, including the SP6 update. It all seemed to work. I set VS to run as administrator, compatibility set to XP SP3.

Visual Studio runs and looks okay, but I get an APPCRASH when trying to open any workspace, not just bblaunch.

I don't have enough interest to pursue this any further.