Working along withOrange moon net

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Beginners Area/Working along withOrange moon net

methodman3000(Posted 2013) [#1]
I have entered the blitzplus code for the 2nd beginners tutorial from orange moon net and am unable to get it to work right. I have retyped it in twice and it comes up with and end of line error any ideas why. I have checked my code and end ifs and variables to make sure they are matching but it refuses to run was the later blitzplus code changed substantially. Also will the GUI funcitons also work in Blitz3D

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#2]
I have entered the blitzplus code for the 2nd beginners tutorial from orange moon net and am unable to get it to work right.

You may want to either post your code or link to the place where you got it -- without that we have no idea what you're even talking about, so impossible to say why this mystery code wouldn't work for you...

Also will the GUI funcitons also work in Blitz3D

No. Blitz3D doesn't have the built-in GUI commands that BlitzPlus does.

methodman3000(Posted 2013) [#3]
Its really strange because all of the demos that came work but sometimes when I enter code it doesn't take it what are the most common reasons for getting end of line errors and what does that mean something is left out on a horizontal line or is that like I have an if but forgot the end if?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2013) [#4]
yeah that could be it

xlsior(Posted 2013) [#5]
When you enter it, do you copy/paste it in the IDE or do you retype it from scratch?

If you copy/paste, then it's possible that there's an issue with the source of the info (e.g. It doesnt' include carriage return + newline, but only newline or something). If that's the case, try pasting into notepad first, save that to disk, and try loading the file into the IDE.

methodman3000(Posted 2013) [#6]
No I enter everything by hand that is how I learn. His explanations are clear. I am surprised they don't work. They seem logical to me. On this one He assigned e for exit but it doesn't seem as if the exit variables had been set. You just have a repeat while not "e" and then an Until "e" press but it doesn't seem to call or loop anything maybe that could be why it doesn't run. Does that make sense?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2013) [#7]
As xlsior said, just cut and paste the code and see if it runs. If that doesn't run, it's not a good example for a beginner (or anybody else for that matter) to learn from.

The demos that come with Blitz are great for playing around with to learn from.

OrangeMoonNet(Posted 2014) [#8]
Hi all,

Just signed up to these forums now. Please let me know if the issue has been resolved or not. You can see the programs running when I execute them in the videos, which is why it puzzles me when people report problems.

Thanks,
OrangeMoonNet