brl.linkedlist docs

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/brl.linkedlist docs

markcw(Posted 2010) [#1]
This is an update to the brl.linkedlist docs. Most of the examples are based on code by Psyced (Plash).

There are code examples for Tlink and Tlist methods too but I've left them out as that appears to break makedocs... Perhaps code examples for methods is overkill anyway??

Edit: I fixed this, see makedocs tweak.

The files are zipped in a doc folder (but not the module source due to the BSSC license). I've also added the TLink and TList folders.
linkedlist-doc.zip (expired)

I'm posting the module source (from v 1.41) and the patch.

Last edit: 16 Aug 2010

linkedlist.diff

linkedlist.bmx

And the zip contents below.

intro.bbdoc (added "Lists vs. arrays")

clearlist.bmx

countlist.bmx

createlist.bmx

listaddfirst.bmx

listaddlast.bmx

listcontains.bmx

listfromarray.bmx

listisempty.bmx

listremove.bmx

listtoarray.bmx

removelink.bmx

reverselist.bmx

sortlist.bmx

swaplists.bmx

TLink folder

nextlink.bmx

prevlink.bmx

value.bmx

TList folder

copy.bmx

first.bmx

firstlink.bmx

insertafterlink.bmx

last.bmx

lastlink.bmx

removefirst.bmx

removelast.bmx

reversed.bmx

valueatindex.bmx

plash(Posted 2010) [#2]
There are code examples for the Tlink and Tlist methods too but I've left them out as that appears to break makedocs... Perhaps code examples for methods is overkill anyway??
Personally, I don't think one can be too exhaustive when it comes to documentation - hence why I added examples to each method on the wiki.

markcw(Posted 2010) [#3]
So Psyced is Plash then? These are great code examples by the way.

I'm not sure but perhaps you're right. I'll let Mark Sibly decide then. :)

Edit: moved TList and Tlink examples to first post.

plash(Posted 2010) [#4]
So Psyced is Plash then?
Yes.

I should also note that the last time we tried to properly format and document the BRL modules, it was ignored.

I seriously want this to work out, but it's just not going to happen with Mark not adding the changes. We clearly need an organized solution - as suggested previously, an official repository where users could make changes would be ideal.
Though, again, lack of response from Mark/BRL isn't exactly helping.

markcw(Posted 2010) [#5]
I should also note that the last time we tried to properly format and document the BRL modules, it was ignored.

Well actually that made it into v 1.32, see here. So you can get changes added if you go about it the right way. Sadly there is no advice given on how to contribute so we have to figure it out ourselves.

degac(Posted 2010) [#6]
Why dont' use the 'manual' section of the site to add examples and comments?
It's the only 'stable' solution at the moment and it doesnt' require hacks/changes to the modules source.
I added some examples to the CreateMap command more than 1 year ago (related to another markcw's thread) - not the best implementation probably...

plash(Posted 2010) [#7]
@degac: That's not a real solution, as the main text is not changeable by users and the content on the online manual is only online.

degac(Posted 2010) [#8]
Ok, but the 'bad' thing is you need to *manually* change some source code... not everyone can do this without problems - unless these changes become officials.

plash(Posted 2010) [#9]
Ok, but the 'bad' thing is you need to *manually* change some source code... not everyone can do this without problems - unless these changes become officials.
I would gladly do this if there was a better (guaranteed) avenue to have them added to a release.

Writing docs in code is far easier than using WikiBooks or the online manual.

markcw(Posted 2010) [#10]
Just did a major revision of everything today. I'm finished this module now (well... maybe).

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#11]
I seriously hope these mods make it into a release. Many thanks for your efforts, guys.