Tweak to d3d9Max2d.mod

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/Tweak to d3d9Max2d.mod

Pete Rigz(Posted 2010) [#1]
Over on this thread I talk about an issue with accessing some variables and objects that are under a private scope for the dx9 driver module.

I've tweaked it here to what would be a much more ideal solution for people who want to add a bit more functionality to it. This also puts it more in-line with the other 2 drivers, opengl and dx7 where accessing these things isn't a problem. It would be really nice if these changes or something similar were made officially as I can't really expect other users of TimelineFX to go tweaking their BRL mods. :)

All I've done is move some of the private variables into the driver type as fields, it's a fairly minor change but makes life so much easier.

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#2]
You realize that you have posted non-public domain code for the world to see. I am not sure you should be posting BlitzMax source...

Pete Rigz(Posted 2010) [#3]
Heh, I got a bit carried away there, took it out :)

[edit]Put it back in now

Pete Rigz(Posted 2010) [#4]
Actually I just noticed that this forum is hidden unless you're logged in so maybe it is ok. I'll leave it off until someone clarifies anyway.

Could do with a sticky at the top so we know where we stand :)

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#5]
This forum is hidden and is the correct place to put the code.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#6]
even if it wasn't hidden i dont think the world would care at all, whatsoever about a bit of 2d code that google has more than a million similar hits for.

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#7]
Nonetheless, the BRL parts of the module are not his to 'give away', no matter how trivial it may or may not be.

GfK(Posted 2010) [#8]
Nonetheless, the BRL parts of the module are not his to 'give away', no matter how trivial it may or may not be
...and precisely how are you supposed to post a 'module tweak' without posting any code from the module? Do you just let people guess where to put the changes, or what? Personally I'd rather just copy/paste the whole module rather than fart about chopping in bits here and there.

Brucey has already confirmed that this is what this forum is for. So I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#9]
I was referring to the "even if it wasn't hidden" part of that statement -- since it is it's a non-issue. Nevermind.

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#10]
Sorry, I did not realize this forum was safe to post it in.

Can Blitz3D or other product owners who do not have BlitzMax see this forum? Just curious...

If this forum is for the posting of source, then no problem.

As for how would you post a tweak without posting the entire source, you could sey what lines it was to be inserted at, or possibly show a few of the previous and following line where you wish to insert it I guess. Posting the entire thing is easier for posting, but I think I would like to see just the tweak. What if three people post tweaks to this module? Then I have to hunt down each of their changes to integrate them, where if they just post their changes and where they belong in the code, it would be easier to integrate multiple tweak to the same module.

Anyway... no harm, no foul.