OSX: horiz scrolling tweak for bbSystemEmitOSEvent

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/OSX: horiz scrolling tweak for bbSystemEmitOSEvent

N(Posted 2010) [#1]
The current Mac OS implementation of bbSystemEmitOSEvent neglects to handle horizontal scrolling (e.g., trackpad scrolling) when handling the ScrollWheel event. So, here's a fixed version of the routine:

brl.mod/system.mod/system.macos.m

Also, not sure why this puts the delta in the data field in the first place, but I left a comment about the backwards compatibility bit in the code if you don't care about breaking a few things (I'm not sure what those things are, but I'm sure someone has something that would be broken without also making data the Y delta).

Space_guy(Posted 2010) [#2]
Works very well.

UByte(Posted 2011) [#3]
Found this code useful for something I'm working on but I should add the following modification is also needed.

maxgui.mod/cocoamaxgui.mod/cocoa.macos.m
static int EmitMouseEvent( NSEvent *event,void *handle ){
	if(([event type] == NSScrollWheel) && ([event deltaX] == 0) && ([event deltaY] == 0)) return 0;
	if(!HaltMouseEvents) return maxgui_cocoamaxgui_EmitCocoaMouseEvent( event,handle );
}

Without this tweak horizontal scroll movements are only reported when a vertical scroll occurs.

shinkiro1(Posted 2012) [#4]
Has somebody an up to date code of this (first post)?

It seems some things have changed in this section so I can't apply the tweak.

shinkiro1(Posted 2012) [#5]
Bump.
I have tried to implement this but it always crashes (because I don't know anything about obj c).

Could somebody be genrous enough and share an up to date tweak?

Space_guy(Posted 2012) [#6]
Hmm. I did this a few months back. I dont think much has changed since then or?

shinkiro1(Posted 2012) [#7]
Well, I couldn't find the exact code which to replace and I fiddled around with it too long.
Btw, all of the code is in the public domain anyway, so one can post the whole module code.

So, could somebody share a working copy please?

shinkiro1(Posted 2012) [#8]
Bump again. Is there nobody that could upload a working version?
Would really need this. Thanks.