brl.LinkedList Modifications

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/brl.LinkedList Modifications

N(Posted 2009) [#1]
markcw mentioned in this thread..
Theoretically, we could just split it up and allocate modules for revision to those that know them best and just post them in Module Tweaks and then have a sticky and project leader to organise them all.
So, I'm going to post some changes I just made to brl.LinkedList in the form of a patch and the repo itself.

The latter is partly an exercise in absurdity, and the former just gives me a way to try it, so bear with me. I can't share the modifications on github, so I'm going to use BRL's server to share the repo.. in the form of a base64'd zip file. In doing this, I'm technically posting my changes in the only place I can post them, and it's only something like 600 lines, so it's not too bad (yet?).

At any rate, you could consider this a home for modifications/updates for brl.LinkedList and I can modify the first post as needed if it gets used as such. Until that happens, feast your eyes on the horror.

Changelog:

The one important commit, 88ea58b, doesn't mention that there have been minor changes to some behavior. The only notable ones are that TList.FromArray will automatically skip Null values in the array you pass to it, and with ToArray you can optionally pass it an array to populate if you have one already (if the array is too small, however, then it will allocate a new array anyway). The latter of those changes is just something I liked about Java's collections, but the difference is negligible.

I don't know how much I improved the documentation, but it can't have been much. I just tried to clarify bits where I felt it was necessary, there are no new examples (although the createlist example is rewritten to show better habits with syntax and the OO API rather than the procedural one). I'm not a technical writer and don't have any books on hand that I can think of to emulate, so it's not going to be ground-breaking. Like I said, this is more an exercise in absurdity, if you look below.

Patch:

Next post for repo.

N(Posted 2009) [#2]
Base64'd ZIP of the git repo:

SHA-1: 2b5f0fcb99d3027995a9a70854785f5ebcb98c89
Decode using OpenSSL. E.g., openssl base64 -d -in linkedlist.base64 -out linkedlist.git.zip or base64 -d linkedlist.base64 linkedlist.zip

If you use Windows, I don't know what option you have there, but chances are you can install cygwin or something and get it working.