MaxIDE Highlighting Question

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/MaxIDE Highlighting Question

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#1]
I`m trying to add some extra functionality to the MaxIDE to allow me to change the highlighting colour of numbers in my code much like the original Blitz 3D IDE.

I`ve looked at the code but I haven`t a clue where to start. Can somebody please give me a few hints as to how this could be achieved?

Many thanks,

Jason.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#2]
Take a look at the CE ide code

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#3]
Cheers, will do.

BTW, does the CE version contain the strange bug where sometimes all of the highlighting of the code is lost and all of the text turns white? I find it really annoying but can never make it happen consistently meaning that it`s hard to pinpoint what the cause is. Seems to happen after saving quite a lot.

Jason.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2008) [#4]
I think this was eventually identified as being caused by a maxgui bug, now sorted?

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#5]
Hi QuickSilva,

There was a BRL.Stream fix that was committed a few weeks ago that plugged memory leaks when reading from C file streams. I also fixed a few of the memory leaks in maxide.bmx when switching between open code. These may have corrected the problem you are experiencing.

I suggest that you checkout the latest version of BlitzMax and MaxGUI from their respective repositories, and recompile a fresh version of MaxIDE yourself to see if it appears to be fixed.

Let us know, either way, how you get on,

Seb

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#6]
I am actually using the latest SVN version and sadly it still occurs :( I still cannot say what the cause is however.

I simply set up a graphics mode and a simple, empty main loop, saved my code to the desktop as "Test.bmx" then, all of the text in the editor turned white.

I then shut down the editor, typed exactly the same thing again, saved it to the same place and with the same file name and it was fine.

It`s one of those bugs that`s really hard to track down. Sorry I cannot be more help.

Jason