D3D9.bmx

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/D3D9.bmx

DStastny(Posted 2008) [#1]
Can we get the Direct 9 in pub updated to this version which completes more the of Direcx9 Interfaces.

I would like to make a mod version of my Direct9 Driver but am having issues with the definitions in this file not bein complete.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#2]
I'm all for this. If this change is all it takes, please do it.

I think its important to get with the game as we can't rely on DX7 forever.

GW(Posted 2008) [#3]
How is this file different from the one here?: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=80425

kfprimm(Posted 2008) [#4]
It's not. DStastny was the one who wrote it. I believe he's just making an attempt to have it formally added.

DStastny(Posted 2008) [#5]
@GW this is just the directx header file. The one that is in pub.mod is incomoplete. This is preventing me from creating a mod for the driver.

Doug

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#6]
Here's a version with the tab spacing tidied up a bit, and that you can copy and paste in Pub.DirectX's d3d9.bmx without the D3DRASTER_STATUS type conflicting with the one previously defined in d3d.bmx:

DStastny(Posted 2008) [#7]
@SebHoll are you saying you can get this into pub.mod?

Doug

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#8]
If I were to ask Mark if he could get the tweaked d3d9.bmx comitted into Pub.DirectX as it is now, is that all you would need to get your DirectX 9 Max2D driver working?

DStastny(Posted 2008) [#9]
@Seb yes, there are couple of crucial interfaces that I use that where not originally converted

Thanks
DStastny

MGE(Posted 2008) [#10]
For what it's worth, I have run this driver on several machines, XP and Vista and it's running fine.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#11]
OK, Mark e-mailed to say that it has been committed to the BlitzMax SVN. Hopefully if you checkout the latest revision, you should get an updated Pub.DirectX with the tweaked d3d9.bmx in it. Don't forget to build modules!

degac(Posted 2008) [#12]
Oh! Thanks!!!

DStastny(Posted 2008) [#13]
Thanks Seb,

I will begin making it all a nice proper Dx9 Driver module... after the parents visting thier grandaughter leave :)

Doug

MGE(Posted 2008) [#14]
Please make a formal annoucement when this done and also give instructions in noob fashion how to download, install, make the mod, etc, etc. With and without subversion. Thanks so much!

Gavin Beard(Posted 2008) [#15]
hi,

sorry, but once i actually have the version from svn and compiled modules, how do i actually initiate the d3d9 driver?

GfK(Posted 2008) [#16]
SetGraphicsDriver D3D9Max2DDriver(), should do it, iirc.

Any news on this yet?

DStastny(Posted 2008) [#17]
I am close but have been extremely tied up with my day job. I should be able to finish it up this weekend.

Doug

Grisu(Posted 2008) [#18]
Thanks for the news. This weekend sounds great... :o)

Gavin Beard(Posted 2008) [#19]
@DStastny

Hey ya,
any news ont his update :-)

MGE(Posted 2008) [#20]
ouch...had some really laggy MOUSE issues with the DX9 driver on a Vista box. Same box ran under dx7 perfectly. The DX9 driver needs alot of testing before being deployed as final.