SVN Problems

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/SVN Problems

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#1]
Sorry to be a pain but I`ve just started to use SVN and am having a few problems.

I have managed to get BlitzMax up and running but the SVN IDE doesn`t appear to be the latest and I am also missing MaxGUI (I know that it is available from your account but I`m after the latest version). Please could someone tell me where I can find the two files that I am missing. I am a registered user of MaxGUI BTW.

Thanks for any help,

Jason.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#2]
Hi Jason,

First off, you can download the latest version of MaxIDE from the corresponding thread in BlitzMax Module Tweaks:

> Windows
> Mac OS X
> Linux

Secondly, you can follow the advice given in...

The MaxGUI SVN Advice Thread

...for more information on how to checkout the latest source. If you are already using TortoiseSVN on Windows to checkout the core BlitzMax installation, you can start at Step 2.

Hope this helps

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#3]
Hi Seb, thanks for the help. The latest version of the IDE seems to have the synchronize modules menu option back (wasn`t in the official version 1.30 was it?) Also I recall Mark saying that there was now a menu option for building threaded programs but I cannot see it. Maybe I misread something? I will have to check.

Thanks for the speedy reply :)

Jason.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#4]
The latest version of the IDE seems to have the synchronize modules menu option back

Not sure why that is... I don't remember changing anything there, although it might have been re-enabled by accident. You shouldn't take this as "Synchronize Modules" making a come-back.

Also I recall Mark saying that there was now a menu option for building threaded programs but I cannot see it.

Providing you have checked out the very latest version of BlitzMax from SVN, it should be available under Build Options in the Program menu (where Quick Build, Debug Build etc. are).

At the moment, the IDE does not allow you to build threaded modules which you will need to do first before attempting to build threaded apps. You'll need to run bmk from the command-line to do this - see the original Threaded BlitzMax! post for more info (specifically the first bullet point).

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#5]
OK, all sorted now thanks for your help.

I still cannot see the Threaded Build option though. Do I have to rebuild the IDE myself from the SVN source? Maybe this is why I cannot see it as I am using the IDE from your post above.

Is the latest IDE not available through SVN?

Jason.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#6]
Do I have to rebuild the IDE myself from the SVN source?

Doh! Yep, sorry... You'll need to build MaxIDE yourself until I update the build posted in my thread.

For future reference in case anyone reading this post is unsure how to do this, you'll need to have MaxGUI. Next, open up BlitzMax/src/maxide/maxide.bmx, hit "Build" (making sure GUI App build mode is on, and Debug build mode is off). Then copy the resulting BlitzMax\src\maxide\maxide.exe executable into the root BlitzMax directory.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#7]
OK thanks, that what I thought.

Cheers for all of your help.

Whilst your around can I quickly ask, did you have any luck in finding out as to why TImage and others are still not highlighting correctly in the IDE?

Jason.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#8]
Whilst your around can I quickly ask, did you have any luck in finding out as to why TImage and others are still not highlighting correctly in the IDE?

Iirc, we established that by adding the documentation remarks to the beginning of TImage, all proceeding commands in Max2D were skipped. Removing the declaration fixed the problem. We also found out that this is a makedocs bug.

I have had a quick look into this, but nothing jumps out at me. As this behaviour is the result of tweaking the BRL.Max2D module, I don't suppose it's a particularly high priority as reverting the changes avoids the issue. If you ask Brucey nicely, he might be able to have a look into it for you; he seems to know the docmods/makedocs code inside out.

For now though, I think you may have to choose between having TImage highlighted, or the rest of the Max2D command set. I will keep having a look for you, but I'm no expert on debugging text parsers.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#9]
Thanks anyway, I will try to ask Brucey to see if he can find anything.

Jason.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#10]
This seems to fix the error...

in makedocs/docnode.bmx

Old :
	Function Create:TDocNode( id$,path$,kind$ )

Local t:TDocNode=TDocNode( _pathMap.ValueForKey( path ) )

If t
			If t.kind<>"/"  Throw "ERROR:"+t.kind+" "+kind
		Else

New :
	Function Create:TDocNode( id$,path$,kind$ )

Local t:TDocNode=TDocNode( _pathMap.ValueForKey( path ) )

If t
			If t.kind<>"/" And t.path<>path Throw "ERROR:"+t.kind+" "+kind
			If t.path = path Return t
		Else

This also seems to clear up another "error" later on, while it's running on mine (although that might be some non-official stuff I have in brl/pub)

In max2d.mod/image.bmx, you will of course require some doc on the TImage :
Rem
bbdoc: TImage
End Rem
Type TImage Extends TData

After running makemods the docs appear okay, and TImage is now highlighted in the editor.

Perhaps Seb can provide an exe for those that aren't sure about building/copying their own makemods.exe :-p

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#11]
Excellent. Thank you for taking the time to look into this for me. It has been bugging me for ages ;)

Just a case of adding the changes to the relevant files, building a new makedocs.exe with debug off and adding that to the bin folder overwriting the old one. Then hitting rebuild docs from the IDE. Is this correct?

Hopefully this can be added to SVN.

Jason.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#12]
Just posting to let everyone know that Brucey's docnode.bmx fix has been committed to SVN, along with a new Win32 makedocs.exe build, however, max2d.mod/image.bmx has remained unchanged.

If you want to have TImage highlighted in MaxIDE, add the remark, rebuild docs, and you should be ready to go.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#13]
Thanks for the info :)

Jason.