Update to subversion

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/Update to subversion

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#1]
Is there a list somewhere that shows what updates have been added to the SubVersion version of BMax? If not then how do people keep track of what`s new and what`s not?

Is there much added on a regular basis (fixes, new additions etc...) and is it worth checking out for the average user?

For example, has anything new been added since the last 1.30 update?

Jason.

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#2]
With a common SVN client, like RapidSVN, you can ask for the log.

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#3]
Could anyone please post a copy of that log so that I could see if it is worth updating?

Jason.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#4]
Yeah, you can typically view the SVN Commit log for a repository, although to be honest, most of Mark's commits don't have any comments in them, simply labelling them as "lazy commit" :-P. You can still see what files have changed though...

Regarding changes since the last v1.30, there haven't been many - a few doc tweaks, a few fixes to Pub.FreeProcess and of course a few fixes for the maxide.bmx source.

Over on the MaxGUI SVN repository however, I've started to specify detailed commit information to each revision so that you can see at a glance what has changed, and in what module.

If you are using TortoiseSVN, you can see the log by right-clicking (in this case the maxgui.mod folder you use to checkout the MaxGUI SVN to), and choosing "Show Log" from the TortoiseSVN sub-menu. You should see something similar to:

I try to keep the MaxGUI repo as up-to-date as possible, so there are usually commits quite frequently.

Yan(Posted 2008) [#5]
Mark's commits don't have any comments in them, simply labelling them as "lazy commit"
Yeah, a bit frustrating and not very 'sensible' at all. ;o)

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#6]
Thanks. So it seems that not much is being added to BMax by BRL at the moment then, that`s a shame.

Jason.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#7]
Why?

You know Max3D is being worked on, right?

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#8]
Well, I`m hoping it is. But even so, I still wish that BMax itself would get a little more attention.

Jason.