BlitzMax v1.30 Mac IDE (New Test Build)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/BlitzMax v1.30 Mac IDE (New Test Build)

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#1]
This is where you can get your hands on the latest MaxIDE builds for Mac OS X:

NEW in Build 2:
> Plugged memory leak when switching between open source files.
> Command Line window not closing when the window's (X) button is clicked.
> New and improved splitter (click to toggle, and drag to each side of the window to reposition).
> Improved visibility of line highlighting while debugging.

NEW in Build 1:
> Fixes problem with the IDE Options window when minimizing.
> Fixes the "Add Project" crash.

MaxIDE PPC (Build 2)
Please download and extract into your BlitzMax root folder.

MaxIDE Intel (Build 2)
Please download and extract into your BlitzMax root folder.

degac(Posted 2008) [#2]
Just tested on MacOS X 10.3.9 - iBook G3 - 192Mb

It shows the splashscreen and nothing else...no bar moving (it doesnt' start). No spinning, but I need to force quit...

I tried to delete the .cfg file, but nothing.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#3]
Well that's not a fantastic start, I have to admit. :-(

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#4]
Take 2 is now up. Hopefully we'll have more luck with this one. ;-)

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#5]
I've just uploaded an Intel Mac version for you cutting edge OS X users. Please test!

impixi(Posted 2008) [#6]
The Intel Mac version seems to work fine now. Thanks.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#7]
The Intel Mac version seems to work fine now. Thanks.

Cheers Impixi - thanks for posting. Anyone else? Surely there must be some other Mac users?

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#8]
One slight problem here - minimised the IDE window, and restored it. No IDE options are displayed, but all menu options are greyed out.

I had to switch to another program and back again to make the options availiable.

degac(Posted 2008) [#9]
Sorry, I'm a bit late on posting, but I still have the same problem with the MaxIDE v130b PPC.
Same splashwindow 'Loading', no progress bar updating - never started - no spinning. I need to use Force-Quit to close.

This is a report of the error console

2008-07-25 13:09:48.599 MaxIDE[373] *** -[ToolView setShowsToolbarButton:]: selector not recognized

2008-07-25 13:09:48.601 MaxIDE[373] Exception raised during posting of notification.  Ignored.  exception: *** -[ToolView setShowsToolbarButton:]: selector not recognized

2008-07-25 13:13:20.984 MaxIDE[379] *** -[ToolView setShowsToolbarButton:]: selector not recognized

2008-07-25 13:13:20.986 MaxIDE[379] Exception raised during posting of notification.  Ignored.  exception: *** -[ToolView setShowsToolbarButton:]: selector not recognized

I hope this could help.
Cheers

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#10]
Yep, that's just what I need and should be easy to fix.

Thanks! I'll start-up my PPC later on today, and will upload a new version shortly.

d-bug(Posted 2008) [#11]
Same issue as MrTAToad on my Intel with Leopard 10.5.4!

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#12]
One slight problem here - minimised the IDE window, and restored it. No IDE options are displayed, but all menu options are greyed out.

Same issue as MrTAToad on my Intel with Leopard 10.5.4!

Can you post a screenshot? I know that when I restore it, the window doesn't have focus, but clicking on it to activate it sorts that problem out.

d-bug(Posted 2008) [#13]
Shame on me! I've didn't regognized that the window lost focus. :/
I should have wait a bit longer before I posted this. Sorry for that!

cheers

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#14]
Yes thats true :)
Would be nice if focus is restored after a minimise though.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#15]
d-bug and MrTAToad:

Yes thats true :)
Would be nice if focus is restored after a minimise though.

I'm gonna take another look into this as, you're right, it should really restore focus.

degac:

2008-07-25 13:09:48.599 MaxIDE[373] *** -[ToolView setShowsToolbarButton:]: selector not recognized

You're running OS X 10.3, aren't you? That would explain it. I've implemented a fix in the latest MaxGUI.CocoaMaxGUI commit, but have yet to upload updated binaries. I think I'm gonna wait until I've had another look at the focusing window issue before I reupload them unless you need them urgently. Post if you do.

degac(Posted 2008) [#16]
You're running OS X 10.3

Yes 10.3.9 + latest update (if any..)
I reupload them unless you need them urgently

It's nothing so urgent.

Take your time.
Thanks again.

Cheers

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#17]
Finally got around to putting up new Intel and PPC binaries.

These should include fixes that mean the window is in focus when restoring from a minimized state in the dock and the 10.3 bug fix for degac.

Please download from the top post using the same links as before and, as always, let me know how you get on.

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#18]
That seems to work fine now.

degac(Posted 2008) [#19]
Works perfectly! Thank you!

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#20]
One problem remains though :

When text is highlighted, and you then right-click, nothing happens - you have to right-click again for the menu to appear

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#21]
When text is highlighted, and you then right-click, nothing happens - you have to right-click again for the menu to appear

Have you reported this before? I can't say I remember that bug...

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#22]
I've actually only noticed it in the latest IDE build.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#23]

OK, I've had a look, and I can't seem to reproduce it here on Intel Leopard. I opened a source file, highlighted a block of text. I then Ctrl+Clicked somewhere in the highlighted text, and then the text deselects and the menu displays immediately.

I think that perhaps it shouldn't deselect when you right-click in the block of text, but the context menu always displays on the first right-click even if the textarea doesn't have focus.

Is there something I am not doing as I can't reproduce the exact behaviour you are describing?

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#24]
No, thats about right - I'll just try it with one of my other Intel Macs and see if that does it too.

It does seem to be working properly on the offending machine and others too - so its another bug thats solved itself...

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#25]
its another bug thats solved itself...

Np! I love those kinda bugs. ;-)

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#26]
Could you have a quick check to make sure the MaxIDE is a properly formed Mac executable.

One of my machines doesn't recognise BMX files and doesn't feel that BlitzMax is a recommend program. And finally someone else is having the same problem (woohoo) - http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=79793 - I suspect a plist file is missing or something (most other Mac executables have CodeResources, Info.plist, Pkginfo and version.plist, whilst BlitzMax just has Info.plist)

MacSven(Posted 2008) [#27]
Work's great on my Powerbook G4 under MacOS X 10.4.11

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#28]
A new build is now up for Intel Mac users that should fix the following bugs:

> Memory leak when switching between open source files.
> Command Line window not closing when the window's (X) button is clicked.
> New and improved splitter (click to toggle, and drag to each side of the window to reposition).
> Improved visibility of line highlighting while debugging.

PPC version should be up shortly.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#29]
PPC version is now up.

Enjoy!

MacSven(Posted 2008) [#30]
Can i have the source?

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#31]
The latest MaxIDE source is available from the BlitzMax SVN, however you will also need to checkout the latest version of MaxGUI from the MaxGUI SVN repo in order for it to compile.

MacSven(Posted 2008) [#32]
I have downloaded them, but then i compile it the errors are still avaible on this version.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#33]
I have downloaded them, but then i compile it the errors are still avaible on this version.

I'm sorry but without knowing exactly which errors you are getting, I can't really help.

MacSven(Posted 2008) [#34]
The problem is then i Click on window minimize it will move to the Dock, then i am clicking it back to the desktop the IDE Option window open but it can never closed without quit BlitzMax.

In the SVN the source of maxide.bmx shows me v1.28!

Can you send me the source please