Indiepath.mod !

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/Indiepath.mod !

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#1]
Just updated my MAX to the latest and my project that uses Indiepaths mod doesn't compile...

I fixed the projmatrix one by downloading the latest one from Indiepaths forum but the latest texturedpoly still has an error...

C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/indiepath.mod/texturedpoly.mod/texturedpoly.release.win32.x86.a(texturedpoly.bmx.release.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0x481): undefined reference to `brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/indiepath.mod/projmatrix.mod/projmatrix.release.win32.x86.a(projmatrix.bmx.release.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0xe1): undefined reference to `brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/indiepath.mod/projmatrix.mod/projmatrix.release.win32.x86.a(projmatrix.bmx.release.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0x211): undefined reference to `brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/indiepath.mod/projmatrix.mod/projmatrix.release.win32.x86.a(projmatrix.bmx.release.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0x2d7): undefined reference to `brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/indiepath.mod/projmatrix.mod/projmatrix.release.win32.x86.a(projmatrix.bmx.release.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0x303): undefined reference to `brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/indiepath.mod/projmatrix.mod/projmatrix.release.win32.x86.a(projmatrix.bmx.release.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0x320): more undefined references to `brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice' follow
Build Error: Failed to link D:/dev/shapes/glow.exe
Process complete

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=65845#735579

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#3]
Yeah that thread says the source is on the forums. I have downloaded the latest version and it still don't compile :-(

H&K(Posted 2007) [#4]
Yep, you have to fix it yourself.
Think of it as a Test ;)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#5]
@H&K - helpful :-(

I have replaced the primarydevice line and still get this

Building glow
Compiling:glow.bmx
flat assembler version 1.66
3 passes, 43505 bytes.
Linking:glow.exe
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/indiepath.mod/texturedpoly.mod/texturedpoly.release.win32.x86.a(texturedpoly.bmx.release.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0x481): undefined reference to `brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/indiepath.mod/projmatrix.mod/projmatrix.release.win32.x86.a(projmatrix.bmx.release.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0xe1): undefined reference to `brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/indiepath.mod/projmatrix.mod/projmatrix.release.win32.x86.a(projmatrix.bmx.release.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0x211): undefined reference to `brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/indiepath.mod/projmatrix.mod/projmatrix.release.win32.x86.a(projmatrix.bmx.release.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0x2d7): undefined reference to `brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/indiepath.mod/projmatrix.mod/projmatrix.release.win32.x86.a(projmatrix.bmx.release.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0x303): undefined reference to `brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice'
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/indiepath.mod/projmatrix.mod/projmatrix.release.win32.x86.a(projmatrix.bmx.release.win32.x86.o.b)(code+0x320): more undefined references to `brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice' follow
Process complete

HUH?

H&K(Posted 2007) [#6]
Dont get the impression that I know how to fix it.
Since it broke its just been sitting there on my hard disk.

You always seemed to know what you were doing, so I hoped you'd fix it.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#7]
:-)

Given time...

H&K(Posted 2007) [#8]
Anyway, I assume this has the answer.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=65275#731480

H&K(Posted 2007) [#9]
Replace
PrimaryDevice.device. with
D3D7GraphicsDriver().Direct3DDevice7().

Does this mean I win ;)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#10]
Done that - still get the same error!

H&K(Posted 2007) [#11]
Oh. Well works for me now.

?Win32	
If (DX) Then
    TD3D7Max2DDriver(_max2dDriver).SetActiveFrame(DXFrame)
    D3D7GraphicsDriver().Direct3DDevice7().DrawPrimitive(RenderType,D3DFVF_XYZ|D3DFVF_NORMAL|D3DFVF_DIFFUSE|D3DFVF_TEX1,xyuv,segs,0)
ElseIf Line = True
    glEnd()					
EndIf
When I say "works", I mean Blide compiles the mod, I havent got anything that uses it.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#12]
Could please email your mod - ta

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#13]
Could please email your mod - ta

I have searched for "brl_dxgraphics_PrimaryDevice" in both the texturedpoly and projmatrix.

It is NOT in there but still complains...

Building glow
Compiling:glow.bmx
flat assembler version 1.66
3 passes, 43505 bytes.
Linking:glow.exe
Process complete

If I try and build textured poly I get...

Compile Error: Module does not match commandline module

H&K(Posted 2007) [#14]
If I try and build textured poly I get...

Compile Error: Module does not match commandline module
You get that if you try and build it when its not in the Mod folder. I think its to do with
Module indiepath.texturedpoly
Which I think means that the sorce has to be in
BlitzMax\mod\indiepath.mod\texturedpoly.mod

SebHoll(Posted 2007) [#15]
You need to use "Build Modules" from the Program menu in the IDE as oppose to simply hitting Build. Then try building the glow.bmx again!

H&K(Posted 2007) [#16]
You need to use "Build Modules" from the Program menu in the IDE as oppose to simply hitting Build. Then try building the glow.bmx again!
Unless you are using BLIde, in which case you just simply hit Build

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#17]
Compiled with the latest Blide and get same error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is driving me NUTS!

Can someone pls email a working texturedpoly and projmatrix

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#18]
it won't work.
Indiepaths module use DX functionality that has been removed with the new DX module.
So unless you reimplement them, they will only work for OpenGL

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#19]
How do I get them to work in OpenGl

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#20]
remove their DX part

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2007) [#21]
eh?

popcade(Posted 2007) [#22]
Look here if it's what you're searching.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=66775#745808