Cross Plattform Newton Module

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/Cross Plattform Newton Module

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi, as I have seen more and more newton related topics, and I'm currently working with newton for minib3d.
Here I present to the Crossplattform Module for the NewtonSDK

www.physicsengine.com

Download Link:

http://klepto2.kl.funpic.de/DL/newtoncrossplattform.zip

Install Instructions:
related to the OS your are running, you have to download the correct package in order to run (win32) or to build the module (linux and macOS).

extract the zip and copy the klepto.mod folder to your Bmax mod folder. If you are using win32 then you have to copy and ship the newton.dll with your app. on Linux you have to download the SDK for Linux and then copy the "libNewton.a" to the klepto.mod/newton.mod folder. The same for MacOS but there the lib is called "libnewton32.a".

Enjoy.

PS: thx to Leadwerks, who has made the main work by creating the win32 module. And there are some functions added (I believe I will find some more while playing around with newton and minib3d).

bradford6(Posted 2007) [#2]
This looks great. Can you post a stripped down code demo using minib3d and this module?

klepto2(Posted 2007) [#3]
I could try to make small demo, but as the release of my newton integration isn't far away I think I will finish the integration first, as a demo code would only be based on my max integration.
(the integration (first release, just simple physics,materials and joints) will be released within a few days)

Chris C(Posted 2007) [#4]
its only truly useful if you can use print to show a box colliding with a plane in a simple transparent example...

bradford6(Posted 2007) [#5]
OK Thanks Klepto2