BMAX (Not GUI) position graphics window

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/BMAX (Not GUI) position graphics window

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#1]
hi, I have just installed MinGW and tried building Modules ,all works fine but....

I dont know what language or syntax the BMAX graphics module is written in so is there an online programmers guide etc?

What I want to do is start a BMAX window (Not GUI!) centre of screen, I have determined that the only way this could be done is to tweak the graphics module at...

C:\Program Files\BlitzMax\mod\brl.mod\graphics.mod

And I have located the section of code that created the graphics object, but I dont know what command to use to position the window? is it something like "setshape(x,y,w,h)"???? I have no clues what so ever, with out help I can only guess at what the command should be.

Having said that if I understood what commands I could use or what language the modules are written in ,the actual process of changing and rebuilding the module is very easy.

Positioning a BMAX window at time of creation would be useful to many BMAX users here im sure, I know there is some code posted on the forum to reposition the window AFTER it is made and it looks ugly/cheap/unprofessional to watch.

Once I can figure the one line of code needed to position the window the rest should be easy enough.

Remember we all have no problem with MAX-GUI, its the BMAX graphics command Im talking about.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#2]
The modules are written in... BlitzMax.

kfprimm(Posted 2006) [#3]
well actually, you have to edit C source to do what he's trying to achieve in OpenGL...

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#4]
That's true and you answered that question in another post.