Docmods Summaries Tweak

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/Docmods Summaries Tweak

Brucey(Posted 2006) [#1]
The problem I have with docmods documentation is that if you are looking for something and can't remember what it's called, it can take ages scrolling through the page looking for it.

This tweak enhances docmods to provide "Summaries", as well as a couple of bug fixes ;-)

Fixes :
* Functions split over multiple lines (by using ..) are now shown correctly.
* Methods, Fields or Functions documented inside a Type which isn't documented, are now no longer listed against the Module, but rather the Type to which they belong.

New :
* Summary sets provided for module and types. Makes finding what you want much easier. Globals, consts and fields are shown in a comma separated list. Types, methods and functions are shown with their "short" text description. (Blitz Runtime docs are a nice example showing the enhanced documentation). Types also have their own sets of summaries for fields, consts, globals, methods and functions.
* Keywords shortcut added to top of doc when appropriate.

Notes :
* Still only documents bbdoc'd code. ie. Fields of a type that aren't bbdoc'd are not displayed. (Since some fields are deemed private and bmax currently doesnt allow for the distinction between private and public inside types, it seems silly to show *everything*, less you attempt to utilise code you shouldn't!! ;-)

docmods.bmx

bmxtoker.bmx

docparser.bmx

Win32 binary is provided here (93kb) for your convenience.
(tested on linux & win32)

:o)

Yan(Posted 2006) [#2]
Top job Mr Brucey!

A couple of things, 'bmxparser.bmx' is called 'docparser.bmx' here.

Is that link for the binary correct as I couldn't find it anywhere?

/me goes to peruse me new docs... :o)

Brucey(Posted 2006) [#3]
Apologies...

Text and link fixed above...