Pub.ODE?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/Pub.ODE?

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#1]
What happened to Pub.ODE?

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#2]
Theres a problem with ODE and gcc optimisation, if you compile ode with gcc the opcode stuff needs to be compiled without optimisation, currently you cannot pass on a -O0 flag to gcc from max...

I emailed BRL about this issue (which is actually quite important!), but as usual brl didnt have the basic manners to reply to the email.

Best way is to compile it either as a dll or I prefer an archive (.a, in effect a static library) and then access it that way

Theres some stuff on my site you may find helpful.

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#3]
thanks Chris.
Official Pub.ODE was expected soon nearly a year ago.
I'd like to hear from BRL what the status is and what plans they have.

teamonkey(Posted 2006) [#4]
If you can use a static library it's not a real problem, is it? The ODE licence lets you distribute the precompiled library.

And I thought Pub.ODE was going to be part of Max3D (which also was expected soon a year ago)?

popcade(Posted 2006) [#5]
It's too early to say what'll be in Max3D... but we hope there'll be physics support in Max3D, and ODE is the possible solution.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
I think ODE will be in. Not mainly for the physics part, althought thats nice as well. But mainly to solve all the horid collision system problems B3D had (moving objects + collision , "jump through", etc) which can only be fixed if some physics is involved in the collision.

Chris C(Posted 2006) [#7]
I've had a hoot importing ODE as an archive (.a) file

however it is rather weak/slow with trimesh and ODE releases come slowly