Multi monitor fullscreen support request

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/Multi monitor fullscreen support request

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#1]
BlitzMax does not support multimonitor spanning for fullscreen. Either try using a MaxGui canvas on a borderless window sized to desktopwidth and height or post a request for multimonitor support in fullscreen.

Could we please have support for this?

skidracer(Posted 2006) [#2]
Oops, sorry moved this thread to the wrong forum.

This is quite a bit of work for a single user, anyone else currently have this requirement?

Ziltch(Posted 2006) [#3]
Alot of perople have duel screens these days.
I needed/used two screens with Blitz3D and will have the same need for Blitzmax when 3D mod is out.

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#4]
Not a requirement per se, but it would be *nice*.

LAB[au](Posted 2006) [#5]
Definitively a "must have"!

SebHoll(Posted 2006) [#6]
Yes please!

Vertex(Posted 2006) [#7]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directx9_c/multihead.asp
http://www.ati.com/developer/samples/dx9/MultiHead.html
mfg olli

sswift(Posted 2006) [#8]
Skid:
"This is quite a bit of work for a single user, anyone else currently have this requirement?"

Well, when you release Max3D, I imagine lots of people will want this to work. I mean Max3D is designed for high quality games, and people might certainly want to support something like that if they make a commercial game, or an arcade game or something.

The r0nin(Posted 2006) [#9]
Uhhh, Vertex, those tips/examples are DX9. I thought BlitzMax was DX7...?

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#10]
Come guys, let's make this happen!

Zumwalt(Posted 2006) [#11]
I am dealing with an application that was requested to support 8 monitors, thats 2 video cards with 4 video ports out *feals the headache*, Take into consideration that a multi-display is a 'virtual desktop', meaning that your screen dimention support in my instance is 1024x768 (x8), so my application will span a virtual screen space, where I have to decide the 0,0 and the 8192,6144 coordinates for the window dimention. This means for the application to work, I have to make sure that all 8 settings are at the 1024x768, or something won't look right.

Should this be a built in functionality?
Maybe a built in function for the resolution to just state 8192x6144 with the spanning, that would save me tons of work

wmaass(Posted 2009) [#12]
Hate to bump a 3 year old thread but is this functionality not possible still?