Pub.SqLite

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/Pub.SqLite

N(Posted 2005) [#1]
Not sure if this works 100%, but I'm not using it for anything, so go nuts. If you find a bug, post it and I'll try to fix it, or you can fix it and I'll update the archive. Code is Public Domain.

Download located here

Russell(Posted 2005) [#2]
Thanks for the gift, Noel!

Russell

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#3]
latest version of SQlite?

N(Posted 2005) [#4]
Yes, it uses the latest version as of 1 day ago.

N(Posted 2006) [#5]
At least 23 people have downloaded this and only one person has said thanks. Maybe I'll just take this down if it keeps up.

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
I would have thanked as it is a very good addition to the mod pool but the site is unavailable (temporaly)

N(Posted 2006) [#7]
I decided to remove access to it until a sizable portion of those that have already downloaded it do the right thing and say their thanks.

BlackSp1der(Posted 2006) [#8]
Perhaps that group didn't find an useful use. They just downloaded the archive and didn't do anything with it. I didn't download it and it seeems that I won't be able to do it in order to know what it is about.

Although I didn't download it. Thanks Noel for the gift!

N(Posted 2006) [#9]
Perhaps that group didn't find a useful use. They just downloaded the archive and didn't do anything with it.

That's no excuse for being rude.

Difference(Posted 2006) [#10]
Exellent! Well done. Really need this, so a big Thums Up. Happy New Year.
Let me know if you need more...

N(Posted 2006) [#11]
Exellent! Well done. Really need this, so a big Thums Up. Happy New Year.
Let me know if you need more...

You can all thank Peter here for my new decision to disallow access for a greater amount of time.

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#12]
That's no excuse for being rude.
Thanks Noel.

What would we ever do without teenage angst?

You can all thank Peter here for my new decision to disallow access for a greater amount of time.
Whatever. Be that way.

Difference(Posted 2006) [#13]
I get " Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable
403 Forbidden by Web Configuration"

[EDIT]: From the readme I get
If anyone wants to use one of these modules, you can e-mail me at "cower AT noelcower DOT com".

You have to provide the name of the module(s), reason(s) why you want the module(s),
and the name of your project(s). If you have a website or websites pertaining to
the project(s), include it as well.

And remember, if you don't say 'thank you', I'm not going to give you anything.

Thanks,
Noel Cower

So it's not a download after all then?

N(Posted 2006) [#14]
Thanks Noel. Not that I've downloaded it, or even have a use for it, but that's no excuse for not stroking your ego.

I'm not asking for people to praise my work and say I'm God, I'm just asking them to acknowledge that I've helped them somehow. Is it so much to ask for a simple 'thank you'?

I get " Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable
403 Forbidden by Web Configuration"

Another person who does exactly the opposite of what 'ReadMe.txt' suggests?

Edit:
So it's not a download after all then?

Not now it isn't.

FlameDuck(Posted 2006) [#15]
I'm not asking for people to praise my work and say I'm God, I'm just asking them to acknowledge that I've helped them somehow. Is it so much to ask for a simple 'thank you'?
So it would seem. It's nothing to get that upset over tho'. People (in general) are ungrateful @#!*s, there's hundreds of proverbs on the subject.

Difference(Posted 2006) [#16]
Re-reading I see that you write:

Help me: Does this mean that, BEACUSE I thanked you, you made the files unavalible for a longer time? If so, - why?

N(Posted 2006) [#17]
So it would seem.

Sad state the world is in. I've always said thank you when someone helped me, you'd think people would have the decency to return that much kindness.

Apparently not, though.

It's nothing to get that upset over tho'.

I'm not quite upset, just a bit irritated. I'm still providing access to the modules at the cost of taking 2 minutes to e-mail me. Considering how much time I spend at the computer, it should be a small time of 10-20 minutes before you would receive the requested modules (I wouldn't say "I don't like your project, therefore you don't get them", I just want to keep a list of who has them and for what purpose -- not much different from what Truevision does, with the exception of me providing the work free of charge).

Help me: Does this mean that, BEACUSE I thanked you, you made the files unavalible for a longer time? If so, - why?

Nice try, Pete, but mocking me and then lying through your teeth claiming it was honest thanks isn't going to work. So yes, direct access is restrained for a longer time thanks to your decision to be rude.

Difference(Posted 2006) [#18]
I really resent this. I was NOT mocking you. If anything I was teasing a little, but actually it was my way of saying lighten up.

Unlike you it seems, I'm in far too good a mood to start of 2006 by mocking anybody.

N(Posted 2006) [#19]
Then let's consider the decision revoked for the time being. I apologize for misunderstanding, Peter.

Difference(Posted 2006) [#20]
ok, cheers! :)

Gavin Beard(Posted 2006) [#21]
OK, just got this via SyncMod :) woks really well, thanks dude

Difference(Posted 2006) [#22]
I tried looking at the modserver and there is a axe.mod\sqlite.mod. Is that the one you got?

Gavin Beard(Posted 2006) [#23]
yeah, thats the one i got :) not sure if its up to date tho

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2006) [#24]
Oh well, never did get round to downloading this. I would have said thanks though :P, hey maybe I should remove all my modules too?

N(Posted 2006) [#25]
gavin_b: Nah, thank skid or whoever for that one. Mine is different.

Gavin Beard(Posted 2006) [#26]
:S oh.....lol, well thanks your way for when ever you decide to re-release yours

Amon(Posted 2006) [#27]
Do you really want a thank you from people forced to say it to you Noel?

Just release your stuff and if people say thank you it's a bonus. If you feel you need people to say thank you to you then don't release. Don't throw a strop and demand that people say Thanks. If anything it will discourage anyone from ever giving you thanks simple to see you blow up in a hissy fit.

N(Posted 2006) [#28]
Congrats on digging up a week old thread, Amon.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#29]
Congrats on digging up a week old thread, Amon.

It's one of those threads you'd like to forget, Eh!?

N(Posted 2006) [#30]
If I wanted to forget it I'd ask to have it deleted.

But the problem is, you dug it up just to start a fight.

Amon(Posted 2006) [#31]
just to start a fight.

It wouldn't be a fight, Trust me.

teamonkey(Posted 2006) [#32]
At least 23 people have downloaded this and only one person has said thanks. Maybe I'll just take this down if it keeps up.

Aw shucks.

Ratchet(Posted 2006) [#33]
Can't compile it with 1.18. I git the error

Build Error: failed to compile D:/Anwendungen/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/sqlite.mod/attach.c

Any ideas?

N(Posted 2006) [#34]
I can't help you without more specific information.

René(Posted 2006) [#35]
I get the same error like Ratchet with 1.20.

I made a fresh new 1.20 installation on Windows. And I downloaded your (very fine) modules from your link. I extracted the mods in the appropriate folders. In bmk I typed
bmk makemods pub.sqlite
and the error from Ratchets post above appears.

Hummelpups(Posted 2006) [#36]
delete the module header, include the source, debug mode and
test it one more time.

N(Posted 2006) [#37]
Do you have any information other than that it doesn't build? I can't help you unless you do.

Go get the exact error and tell me what it says, not just the "failed to compile" line. I want GCC output and all.

By the way, you do know you need GCC, right?

René(Posted 2006) [#38]
Sorry, you are right. GCC wasn't configured properly.