axe modules up

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/axe modules up

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#1]
If you have the ability to rebuild modules and want to checkout some extremely work in progress stuff feel free to:

syncmods -u * -p * axe

dillo.mod

a gpl fully? working html browser for linux
depends on libgtk-dev and libglib packages
load testdillo.bmx from the module directory to run
help! - can't get file:url to work
help! - haven't played with config.h much, ie image loaders

dotnetmaxgui.mod

currently completely broken - more info soon

gtk2maxgui.mod

linux gtk2 interface that can actually open a window:(
depends on libgtk2.0-dev
help! broken in 1.12 due to loss of WaitEvent override

maxedit.mod

forked version of the MaxIDE source code
build bigted.bmx in maxedit.mod directory to test
options are very broken but a blitzmax path needs to be set in options to build and run .bmx files
help! out of sync with maxide by about 2 months
help! more plugin features required including sharing toolbars
help! maxedit->new needs to ask file type based on plugins
help! lots of tidying up still to do

sqlite.mod

lightweight embedded sql database
help! got as far as createdb, now what do i do?

windowsmaxgui.mod

beginnings of a bmx port of the brl.win32maxgui c++ module
yes you can open 2 windows
no you can't do much else

Anyway, I don't mean to waste peoples time at this early stage but thought there wasn't any harm sharing my odds and ends.

My current priorities are 1.12 brl module fixes, then some freeaudio.mod love and then a big clean up on the MaxEdit front which I'm quite excited about...

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#2]
Ahhh... I was wondering who axe was... Now every thread you post in I will respond with Ahhh! The axeman is back! (except it sounds better when you think of Kryten's voice, not mine)

Thanks for sharing these skiddy... some interesting concepts you have got going. the dotnetmaxgui.bmx... is this the dotnet2maxgui you mentioned in another thread? Or is it actually some sort of dotnetmaxgui module?

As a side note, perhaps only Mark can answer this : are there any plans on the possible future open sourcing of bcc.exe?

Sarge(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hi Simon,

if you need help creating the win32 version of the maxgui in blitzmax i can help you out.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2005) [#4]
help! out of sync with maxide by about 2 months

So, the axe version of the IDE is behind the one being edited in the other post? How are we going to bring it up to speed? Are you going to do it, or are you aksing if the community can do it? To try and reverse engineer mods between the current source and the axe source together? eugh...sounds horrible. I guess I'll take a look this evening using some kind of visual merge tool to see how evil this is gonna be...

Anyhow, I may have a play with the sql mod too, even if just some simple connect, query, insert, update functions are available, that'll probably do it for most people!

TeaVirus(Posted 2005) [#5]
MarkT: teamonkey wrote a mod for sqllite and it seems to be working fine for me so far. You might check it out before putting any work into this one, there's a link in his sig.

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#6]

So, the axe version of the IDE is behind the one being edited in the other post? How are we going to bring it up to speed? Are you going to do it, or are you aksing if the community can do it? To try and reverse engineer mods between the current source and the axe source together? eugh...sounds horrible. I guess I'll take a look this evening using some kind of visual merge tool to see how evil this is gonna be...

I don't think the differences are significant and can be patched easily on first report, I'll go through the documented changes in maxide.bmx b4 the next update.

There are going to be quite a few bugs for the bmxplugin but that was inevitable given the layer of dependencies that had creeped in.

Anyhow, I may have a play with the sql mod too, even if just some simple connect, query, insert, update functions are available, that'll probably do it for most people!

Just something simple that builds a user and score tables would be excellent!

We also need to implement a TMaxSQL virtual interface so applications can switch sql engines easily.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2005) [#7]
Ok, still confused. We're moving away from maxide.bmx and towards the axe.maxedit version, right? Or are there still two versions?!?

Do you want anyone to amend maxedit stuff now, e.g. to incorporate changes already made to maxide.bmx in the other thread? (if so, then post there and point them here!)

Or are you going to work on axe.maxedit first to get it up to date and fully functional first? (if so, post over there and tell them to hang on a minute!)

I just don't want to waste time on work that I'll have to redo!

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2005) [#8]
Skids - can't get axe maxedit working - complains around loading the toolbar using the bigted.bmx that comes through syncmods and the one posted above, although I'm not convinced it's the real error.

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#9]
Yeh I was getting that also, it may be a problem with syncmods and that particular png file or maybe something to do with the CurrentDirectory when running an app from inside a module, not sure...

It could also be the png library not being imported which may have missed the last update to maxedit.bmx...

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2005) [#10]
Latest syncmods yields code that compiles and runs; will start getting my head around the new codebase later this week.

bradford6(Posted 2005) [#11]
Skid,
Are you creating a GUI builder for MAXGUI? just curious.