A beginning of auto completion in MaxIDE

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/A beginning of auto completion in MaxIDE

KamaShin(Posted 2005) [#1]
alright, I ve spend two days trying to understand Mark's code for the IDE and implementing a rough version of code autocompletion... and guess what??? it works :)
since I ve worked all day, I'm feeling lazy so rather than telling where to add this and that, i m going to put the whole IDE code, just copy/paste over the former one and compile...
oh by the way, I havn't tested it thouroughly... for instance, I ve only compiled it in debug mode, tried it a bit and it worked.. Also I havn't tested it yet on my Mac, and I won't be able to test it on Linux but there's no reason for it not to work as I'm not using any system oriented code, only Blitz functions, and with this, rather simple ones...

HOW IT WORKS (or is supposed to work :) ):
type something like: "a = load" and then hit the TAB key... a popup menu should appear right next your mouse pointer (yeah I know it would be better if the menu could appear next the word to be completed but unfortunately I can't get the x,y coordinate of the cursor in the text area... only the cursorpos, cursorline which represent the line and car number in the text)

here is the code:

http://kamashin2.free.fr/maxide.tar

or if you have some problem with the .tar, you can try right-clicking and savingAs the bmx directly:

http://kamashin2.free.fr/maxide.bmx

KamaShin(Posted 2005) [#2]
As I already said, the code is rough for now... only the blitz command avalaible in the doc generated with the tools will be recognize... when the code is bug-free enough, I ll try to populate the autocompletion menu a bit more with user defined functions/types and if I can Global and Local (if I can, cause globals and locals might be tricky to get... functions and types should be easy as the menu filling functions is completely seperated from the rest of the process, I ll just have to add a few thing is all :) )
I also plan on puting some comments like 'KamaShin autocompletion near every changes I made so that people with already modified MaxIDE can take my code easily... that will have to wait until.. let's say, tomorrow :)