Blury Fonts

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/Blury Fonts

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hey, so I installed 1.12 today. Everything seems to have gone well. My app only needed 3 lines changes. MemAlloced(), FlushMem() and umm... I think it was KEY_TILDE. Great!

So um, the only problem I have is that my fonts are now bury. I assume this is because of the fix Indipath (Tim?) posted. I've tried removing SMOOTHFONT from LoadImageFont but it seems to make no difference.

I could probably go into imagefont.bmx and change it back but I usually don't like playing around with my modules.

Any chance you guys could have a look into this, is there a bug?

Space_guy(Posted 2005) [#2]
It was the same for me. I fixed it by doing it BOLDFONT instead. Perhaps not the best sollution but i liked the look for my game.

Space_guy(Posted 2005) [#3]
mmm. actually. it worked very well at home. here at work i have some very buggy fonts when i try. Tehy are very blurry and seem to have errors in the alpha writting over the normal pixels in the text. it seems to be the same no matter what size the text is and the scale is 1,1

its odd. onboard intel gfx on this computer

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#4]
Problem is that the fonts are now mipmapped, try starting with a smaller font size.

OR use my nice bitmap font module.

Space_guy(Posted 2005) [#5]
i think the problem at my work is something driver related though. it works like it should on all other computers.

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#6]
Fonts shouldn't be mipmapped. They should always simply render at their full res. (the first mip level) Having smaller mips is a waist of video ram.

Bug?

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#7]
Also, where can we find your nice bitmap font module. Does it do pixel perfect fonts?

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#8]
Not a bug, something mark introduced in the latest release and yes it's my fault.

Oh and you can get it here : http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=52893