Tablet for BMax V1.0

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Module Tweaks/Tablet for BMax V1.0

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

I've been putting together a module that enables tablet support in BMax.

Get it here: http://www.frecle.net/bmx_tablet/bmx_tablet.zip

Currently only Win32 is fully supported, while other platforms run in simulation mode (ie. uses the mouse).

It should work with all tablet types, it's been tested with the following:
Wacom: Intuos2, Intuos3, Graphire, Cintiq
Trust: Work Tablet 400
Medion: Unknown (rebadged Mustek according to Scouse)

It would be great if someone could knock up full support for MacOS and Linux. The module is made so that it should be straight forward to set up on all platforms.

An example is included (in the doc folder), which should show how to use it. Note that if you are running it from the IDE, you will need to refocus (click outside window, and then inside) to get any input. This does not happen when run directly from the exes produced.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#2]
Works great.

Bertrand(Posted 2005) [#3]
Really cool. And now who want to made a 2D drawing package?

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#4]
Fredborg, you should implement this in Gile[s] -> Paint! Yeeeehaaa!

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#5]
It already does!

T-Light(Posted 2008) [#6]
Anyone try this recently?

I've had all sorts of issues compiling modules on my current system (more vista woes). Tried everything mentioned in these forums and other mingw help forums. No luck, compiling modules trashes the bmx installation.

Does anyone have a precompiled module of this, or possibly even better, can anyone offer a quick guide as to how to convert the module to work straight from the 'wintab dll'?

Thanks for any help offered here, this is driving me nuts :)

T-Light(Posted 2008) [#7]
Nailed it.

Not new to this stuff, this should have been easier.
Have working tablet routines working in c++ and pure-b, both of them relatively straight forward to implement.

I've spent the last three days looking at this problem from every angle and getting nothing but compilation errors, corrupt max installs, direct dll reading code, everything I've tried has ended up with max kicking sand in my face and running off laughing.

Not today. Today I ignored Maxide/Program/Command Line, ignored Program/Build Modules, ignored Program/Rebuild All Modules.

Instead, I ran the bmk from the standard Vista command prompt. "bmk makemods -r pub.tablet".

It worked???

Just thought I'd mention it for any other souls lost in the fog of Vista.

ps Fredborg, you've saved me a mountain of work here, Thankyou :)

Taron(Posted 2008) [#8]
Fantastic, thank you so very much!

Made a little test drawing tool already...

...not that it's any brilliant, but I'm very excited! Gets me started. I always wanted to write a little painter, but I'm right now thinking about writing a little animation tool.

Anyway, THANKS again! Fantastic!

fredborg(Posted 2009) [#9]
Updated to take an optional window argument when using TabletOpen(). Use in conjunction with QueryGadget() to get a win32 hWnd handle of the window you want.

Otherwise it uses the active window when initializing.