Blitzmax Video Tutorial Series

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Tutorials/Blitzmax Video Tutorial Series

Raven67854(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello everyone I've decided to create a BlitzMax video tutorial series. This series is aimed at beginners to BlitzMax and will eventually encompass 2d/3d game development with BlitzMax. If you have any suggestions as to what should be added please let me know.

BlitzMax Master Playlist:
Playlist

Introduction Series:
Introduction#1 - IDE
Introduction#2 - Commenting/SuperStrict
Introduction#3 - Variables
Introduction#4 - Global vs Local
Introduction#5 - If Statements

SpaceInvaderz Series:
Space Invaderz #1 - Setting up the player
Space Invaderz #2 - Drawing the player
Space Invaderz #3 - Creating our enemy

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Raven67854(Posted 2011) [#2]
--Saved for future posts

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#3]
That is Excellent and keep em coming :)

Raven67854(Posted 2012) [#4]
Alright I added the space invaderz series.. Currently 1-2 new video's are going live a day. I also plan to start a blitzmax MaxGUI and wxMax series here soon. As well I plan to do all of nehe's OpenGL tutorials for that would still wanna use OpenGL 1.x. I also plan to release a more modern set of OpenGL tutorials that cover shaders and OpenGL 2.x+. Would really like to do a how to tessellation tutorial one day.

GfK(Posted 2012) [#5]
I just watched the first few seconds of your "Global vs Local" video. When you said, and I quote "constants are variables", I turned it off. Constants are NOT variables - the very words means the bang-opposite to what "variable" means.

Last edited 2012

Hardcoal(Posted 2012) [#6]
everyone makes mistakes.
im sure he will correct it.
at least he does something for begginers..

DjBigWorm(Posted 2012) [#7]
Very Nice Tutorials.
Keep Up the Good Work A+++
Can't Wait to see more.

Makis(Posted 2012) [#8]
When the next batch of video tutorials is coming?

Pete Carter(Posted 2012) [#9]
The 3d part your planning is the bit thatsmost needed as there are no minib3d tutorials as far as i know
Good so far though. Gfk is being a bit picky as talking about programming is a bit of a mine field.