TSocket Oddity

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/TSocket Oddity

GrimGary(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hello. First time posting here.

I tried to do a search on this but came up with nothing.

Anyway. The issue I'm encountering is that whenever I set a type to TSocket, it doesn't highlight as a keyword - but still manages to compile without error. I haven't gotten to the point where I can invoke the particular code yet, but I wanted to know if anyone has this issue and if it's a non-issue or something I should worry about down the line?

GfK(Posted 2013) [#2]
MaxIDE used to do that with TImage as well, don't know if it still does.

Not a problem though - just makes you think you've typed it wrong.

GrimGary(Posted 2013) [#3]
Thank you! That is a relief. Yeah. I searched the help, community, manuals, etc trying to find out if TSocket had been renamed or some such.

Jesse(Posted 2013) [#4]
Try Rebuilding documentation and see if that fixes it.
Do you have the latest version of Blitzmax?

GrimGary(Posted 2013) [#5]
Latest version, yep. I will try a rebuild too =)

col(Posted 2013) [#6]
Hiya, and welcome,

If its just syntax highlighting youd like for the TSocket word, you can do the following...

In brl.mod/socket.mod/socket.bmx add the following lines starting at Line 43:

Rem
bbdoc: TSocket
about: TSocket object type
EndRem

just before the 'Type TSocket' line, then rebuild the documentation ( edit: you will need to save the file ).

If you really wanted to theres nothing to prevent you adding your own docs in this way :)

hope it helps.

GrimGary(Posted 2013) [#7]
Just wanted to give an update to this, since I did resolve it. It wouldn't resolve under a normal rebuild. It wasn't till I picked up Blide Plus and did a rebuild from it, and then turned on Threaded build that the compile finally allowed for anything that wasn't highlighted in both Blide and MaxIDE.

Thanks for the help!

My project is coming together and hope to be able to show it off soon. =)

Cruis.In(Posted 2013) [#8]
cool grim, what genre is it?