Runtime error

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Runtime error

GfK(Posted 2013) [#1]
My game's in QA with a publisher and they tell me its falling over right at the start with this error:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

“This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information”

I haven't seen that before. I'm still trying to get more specific information but as it's the weekend it's not going to happen any time soon. They told me it was happening in Windows XP and Vista, but then sent me two DXDiag logfile from Windows 7 (but which were supposedly from the problem systems), so slightly confused at the mo.

Anybody ever seen this error before? It might be something to do with their DRM but like I said, I won't get any info on that til at least Monday.

Henri(Posted 2013) [#2]
Hello,

something about it in here

-Henri

GfK(Posted 2013) [#3]
Hello,

something about it in here
When I said "anybody seen this error before?", I was speaking in reference to Blitzmax applications, not Adobe Reader.

Henri(Posted 2013) [#4]
One would think MS Visual C++ runtime library would have nothing to do with Blitzmax ( I might be wrong of course ) , but the link suggested updating runtime component could fix this (yes I know, too boring).

-Henri

Gabriel(Posted 2013) [#5]
Anybody ever seen this error before? It might be something to do with their DRM

I had to demand that the publisher removed Starforce from a game a few years back because it was throwing VC++ errors. Ironically, it was probably the DRM which was falling down, rather than the game. So yeah, possible.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#6]
It was caused by ResizePixmap.

I added in support for 800x600 splash screens by upscaling them at loadtime to 1024x768. This was failing on laptops with ATI mobile chipsets.

Removing the ResizePixmap stuff solved the problem.

GaryV(Posted 2013) [#7]
Thank you for letting us know what the issue was. This is good to know.