maxIDE CE with new autocomplete and highlighting

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/maxIDE CE with new autocomplete and highlighting

UNZ(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi there,

I changed some things in the MaxIDE
and want you to ask if someone wants to check it out and maybe update the stuff on sourceforge.

What I did:
- sorted most types to own files and created a dir for every section like hosts,options,editor,autocomplete etc.

- complete new keyword handling
- a keyword is generated from a const,global,local,field, method/function, type
with some more information for every keyword because it's necessary to know eg. which super type it has
- a container for TKeywords called TKeywordType
- a container for TKeywordTypes called TKeywordLanguage
- TKeywordExtractor which checks .bmx files with regex and generates local or general keywords
- menu point "update mod keywords" in the IDE which generates the main keywords from the mod dir of BMax
- menu point "update project keywords" in the IDE which creates the project related keywords
(local definitions and project keywords of a file are also created/updated on saving the file)
- the main keywords are stored in a csv-file under "/keywords" of the BMax dir (before the first run you should copy the keywords dir I added in the download)
- the project keywords are stored in a csv-file in the project dir
- keywords are also updated on saving a file and hitting "update file"

- new autocomplete for blitzmax based on the new keywords
- keywords of types can be shown
eg. hitting ctrl+space on
TList.[the cursor is here]
shows all methods, fields, globals etc. of the TList type and its super types
- local keywords of files can be shown
eg. hitting ctrl+space on
function a$(myString$)
myStr[the cursor is here]
end function
will complete to "myString"
- simple autocomplete for the rest (c,html...)

- on hitting "Keyword Info" (see options) a window shows up with all information of a keyword (eg. where to find it)

- complete new Highlighting for BlitzMax
- it differs between all keywordKinds (const,global,function,type etc.) so you can define an own color for every one

- hint for functions (parameters of a function are shown and the current one is underlined)

- added a main file to projects so if you say "run and debug" in a file of a project it runs the main file if it is open in the IDE

I think the IDE has done a big step forward and would like to see it on the sourceforge website but...

- I refer to hotdocs as links of the keywords (hitting F1 twice) so you need to create your docs with hotdocs (http://home.arcor.de/plutomania/hotdocs/index_usa.htm).
(note that the download version from the site doesn't work right away on linux because of some little issues. I added a working version below)

MAC
I have not tested it on a mac because I don't have one.

LINUX
works mostly fine but
- on hitting autocomplete the window with the autocomplete list gets the focus (is it necessary that a window gets the focus on showGadget?)
- the function hint also gets the focus when it shows up so it is very annoying

WINDOWS
works well

regards

----------------------------------------
MaxIDE CE 2.03
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63630369/Download-Server/maxide.zip

HotDocs
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63630369/Download-Server/hotdocs_src_130.zip

Last edited 2013