Addressing specific frame within TImage?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Addressing specific frame within TImage?

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#1]
How can I do the following:

* Draw to a specific frame within a TImage
* Copy a full image to that frame

I am looking at using TImages to store volumetric sprite information for isometric voxels with each frame of a 32 frame animation containing a slice, and each "animation" containing a stack. I can address individual frames with grabimage but is there another way?

Muttley(Posted 2012) [#2]
TImage contains an array of TImageFrames which can be accessed via TImage's Frame method.

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks. What do you think of my purpose? Do you think TImages are an economical way of storing such data or am I better off rolling my own class for storing it? I am thinking the latter... the slices won't all be rendered every frame but when a voxel sprite is modified the entire stack will be rendered and then it will be grabbed with grabimage and baked into a sprite which the tilemap will then remember for that tile square.

Has anyone done anything like this? It would enable you to have isometric objects which are then dynamically modifiable and destructible.

It seems that the memory requirements might get outlandishly large so I may end up using an octree to store the volume data.