Hiding Graphics?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Hiding Graphics?

Twinprogrammer(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello,

I was just wondering if there's a way to hide your graphics, because I have an extra graphic in my game and I only want to show it at a specific time. Is there a function to 'hide' the graphics ?

GfK(Posted 2012) [#2]
Yes. Don't draw it.

MerseyMan(Posted 2012) [#3]
LOL

*(Posted 2012) [#4]
do something like:
if ShowEnemy=True then DrawImage Enemy, 10, 10

then if you set ShowEnemy to True it will draw it, if its False its never drawn.

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#5]
if the idea is to hide the player or objects behind walls etc. in a tile based game, you need to create the tile map in layers. display and layer that needs to be behind the player or other object than the player or other object and finally the front layer. That way the front layer will hide the object when necessary automatically.

matibee(Posted 2012) [#6]
Or.. if you have an image that contains multiple, individual, graphic objects you can use DrawsubImageRect to draw a portion of an image. See the help docs for an example.

Twinprogrammer(Posted 2012) [#7]
I meant the window LOL...

matibee(Posted 2012) [#8]
LOL indeed. There's a consistent theme to your questions guys, in that you never actually mean what you ask. I really want to help but if you can't be bothered to phrase the question correctly don't be surprised when people stop being bothered to answer.

Twinprogrammer(Posted 2012) [#9]
Nevermind I just figured out.